Trump Coup Attempt

Trump Coup Attempt  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

This could go in so many places, but, it's hard to disagree with any of this. Major bullet dodged yesterday.

On one hand, the words coming out of Lindsey Graham's mouth in this video are correct. On the other hand, f#&% you for enabling all of this in the first place, Lindsey.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Ulty said:

On one hand, the words coming out of Lindsey Graham's mouth in this video are correct. On the other hand, f#&% you for enabling all of this in the first place, Lindsey.

100% agree. Although he is right in this situation, he even admitted in the last 12 hours that he and Trump have had a 'hell of a ride' but that 'enough is enough.'

Such a weird analogy just popped into my head... but if you piss in a pool enough, eventually, you're going to swim into some. Yeah, you can certainly point out that you maybe didn't swallow the urine, but it's hard to appreciate your words when you pissed in the pool in the first place.

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

THAT is the epitome of coward when you won't even take a phone call and discuss what needs to be done.

I think it also goes to show exactly what's going to be done, which is nothing.

My interpretation of this is that they're just going to box Trump out for the next couple of weeks as best as they can until he's gone. What a disgrace.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Enhance said:

I think it also goes to show exactly what's going to be done, which is nothing.

My interpretation of this is that they're just going to box Trump out for the next couple of weeks as best as they can until he's gone. What a disgrace.

Which, is going to make the next two weeks so crazy.  I can't imagine what it's going to be like leading up to the inauguration....the day of the inauguration....the few days after when they have no control over him.

Where is he going to be?  How is he going to leave the WH?

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

THAT is the epitome of coward when you won't even take a phone call and discuss what needs to be done.

Nixon had his plumbers.  Trump had his carpenters - they probably nailed every door and window shut and cut the phone line so Pence is locked in his house.!

1 minute ago, commando said:

ErJ8VciXIAIF4ve?format=jpg&name=medium

Honest questions (not asking anyone to answer it, but for discussion purposes):

How many Americans are genuinely willing to take up literal firearms to fight and die for Trump and the alleged 'stolen' election? I'm not ignorant enough to think there aren't some out there, but despite so many people voting for Trump, I wager VERY few of them did it with passionate enough resolve to die for him.

Also, isn't this person's post enough justification to issue an arrest warrant for making terroristic threats?

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

How many Americans are genuinely willing to take up literal firearms to fight and die for Trump and the alleged 'stolen' election? I'm not ignorant enough to think there aren't some out there, but despite so many people voting for Trump, I wager VERY few of them did it with passionate enough resolve to die for him.

Also, isn't this person's post enough justification to issue an arrest warrant for making terroristic threats?

there are more that would be willing to do so then we would like to think.  and yes...i would say this person should be sitting in prison by this afternoon 

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Today? Not many. But more than yesterday, or the day before that. Why? Because every day this goes unpunished, every day this is not condemned in every facet of our society, it becomes more normal.

At first it's just idle talk. Then it becomes fantasy. Then the play-acting begins. And step by step it becomes more and more OK. You go from upset at the bar to meeting at a friend's to buying gear and getting organized. You meet like-minded people online and your ideas grow. Things become coordinated and you start making plans. Every step it's just a little bit further down the road.

Until you get so far down the road, with so many people at your shoulder, that you're storming the Capitol Building and interrupting sessions of Congress.

What's the step after that? And how many people who were just larping yesterday are making plans today?

That's why this stuff is so dangerous, and needs to be taken seriously. Every day we both-sides things and expect norms, someone is taking another step.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The neighbor I mentioned in this thread over a year ago still has multiple Trump signs in his yard (in a very pro-Biden neighborhood in a college town) and often posts memes on a Facebook group that, sure enough today had a bunch of posts blaming antifa for yesterday's events and comparing it to the BLM protests. He has made several comments in our neighborhood messenger group about wanting to stake out or chase down bad guys who might roam our streets, and on the back of his truck, instead of those dumb little stick-figure family stickers, he has a row of stickers of various sizes of guns to represent each member of the family. Based on his inflammatory Facebook posts in that thread from last year, I wouldn't put it past him to take up arms to fight for Trump. He's been itching to relive his war days.

But he comes off as a friendly guy in person, of course. But he is bat$h!t crazy. Trump's followers are bat$h!t crazy cultists. Who knows what they will do.

• Plus1 1