Insurrection fallout

14 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

This isn't just rural Nebraskans, and, let's be clear, here.

Trump appeals to the inner being of many people, and brings that ugly inner being to the surface of those people.  These people are (and have always been) who they are.  Trump just gives them license, part and parcel to act on their inner self because he does the same thing.

I have an uncle that is like that.  During my mother's funeral, I found out he was supposed to be there, but couldn't because he and the family caught COVID.  When I called to check up on him, he immediately regurgitated the whole "aborted baby fetuses" line to me and talked about using Ivermectin and the same treatments that Trump used (or so he was told).  

One of the smartest dudes I'd ever known.  I spent 45 minutes in tears trying to convince him to not make me have to bury him the same time as my Mother.  Thankfully, he made it through, but still refuses to get vaccinated....strictly because of Trump.

He's not a rural Nebraskan....he's an older, college educated African-American retired AF veteran male living in Alabama.

It's the epitome of party politics.  So many Republicans support Trump...because he's a Republican and can do no wrong.  People feel like there is no way someone from their team is lying to them....so, it's easy to brainwash them into thinking they are awesome and the other team is evil. 

• Plus1 3

57 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Criminals, spys, cheats, swindlers, sketchy characters…..did TFG associate with anybody that wasn’t just dog s#!t?

That’s rhetorical, of course he didn’t.

Kevin McAllister. He was good at his job.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

And yet...he was never charged?

This whack-a-doodle conspiracy theory has  been debunked, even within this thread.  Charged with what?  He never entered the Capitol and there is video of him in this link trying to deescalate the situation.  This is just a weak attempt at sowing doubt into the credibility of the DOJ and the Jan 6th committee.

https://www.snopes.com/articles/389126/who-is-ray-epps/

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

This whack-a-doodle conspiracy theory has  been debunked, even within this thread.  Charged with what?  He never entered the Capitol and there is video of him in this link trying to deescalate the situation.  This is just a weak attempt at sowing doubt into the credibility of the DOJ and the Jan 6th committee.

https://www.snopes.com/articles/389126/who-is-ray-epps/

I guess you see different video than me. But keep talking about conspiracy theories bro...you do you.