Insurrection fallout

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Holy Crap!!!!

Liz has got to be a presidential candidate.    She has a way of creating a cliff hanging ending to each of these hearings - including this YUGE bombshell.  Lead him in  handcuffs and Trump In Jail GIF - Trump In Jail - Discover & Share GIFs

"But the hardest thing to do is to convince a person who has been taken for a sucker by a con man to believe that they've been duped like a simpleton."

I have read through some of this thread and this tweet, in bold print above, by Elie Mystal says it all.  I live with these people right here in Nebraska.  There is another chat board where many are prime examples of this sort of thought process.  Maybe some hang out here, I do not know.  It is a pathetic demonstration of Trump sycophant culture.

Liz Cheney will go down in history as one of the greatest American patriots of our time.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Goal-line said:

Liz Cheney will go down in history as one of the greatest American patriots of our time.

Yes and if the GOP had half a brain, it would drop trump like a turd and promote Liz for president in 2024.  But the GOP mindset is being played out in Wy where she is running far behind the trump candidate.   Foolishness.

https://crowdwisdom.live/politics/2022-wyoming-house-race-polls/

• 2022 Wyoming House Race Polls: The latest Liz Cheney polls show Hageman leading Cheney by a massive 29% points
    • A new Cygnal survey shows that just 27% of Wyoming voters have a favorable opinion of Liz Cheney, and 71% hold an unfavorable opinion of Cheney. In a new poll released by YouGov, Liz Cheney’s favorability amongst registered voters rose to 36%.
    • On Google Search, the gap has widened between Hageman and Cheney with Cheney leading by a wide margin.
    • On Social Media sentiment: Hageman now leads Cheney
    • 75% of Democrats approve of Cheney’s performance as the Vice-Chair of the Jan 6th Committee, while 61% of Republicans disapprove of the same.
    • Cheney’s only hope is that the open primary will bring a significant number of Independent and Democratic party voters
    • Cheney has raised more than $10 m for her campaign

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

This is more mesmerizing than anything Hollywood has ever produced. DOJ has to act on this.

And risk half the country thinking their Dear Leader is being sacked?

We just have to recognize that half this country is too far gone to be saved. Let them form their own s#!thole country, where they can dabble in all the election conspiracy their hearts desire. We can free them from big Government by not letting rural areas leech tax dollars, they can even pay back the debts they've rung up by leeching off cities to subsidize the infrastructure they're ungrateful for.

Democrats need to stop dragging rural America forward kicking and screaming in efforts to improve their lives with evilness like healthcare, tax policy to fund their safety nets, or money to build roads and bridges. Cut them loose, it's what they want anyway. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes and if the GOP had half a brain, it would drop trump like a turd and promote Liz for president in 2024.  But the GOP mindset is being played out in Wy where she is running far behind the trump candidate.   Foolishness.

https://crowdwisdom.live/politics/2022-wyoming-house-race-polls/

•  

I agree and anyone who is convinced of Trump’s actions probably agrees but there is still a good portion of this country who believes Trump and blames Cheney for the “witch hunt”. I’m just not convinced she can find the requisite party support that is required to run.

I had a guy tell me just this morning that “maybe the election wasn’t stolen but I still think there was something wrong with it and there were shenanigans with the count”. Another guy just a few days ago referenced “that b!^@h up in Wyoming” referring to Cheney. Granted both of these guys are strongly in the MAGA camp…..but so are way too many others. Facts and truth aren’t about to sway many of these folks.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

And risk half the country thinking their Dear Leader is being sacked?

We just have to recognize that half this country is too far gone to be saved. Let them form their own s#!thole country, where they can dabble in all the election conspiracy their hearts desire. We can free them from big Government by not letting rural areas leech tax dollars, they can even pay back the debts they've rung up by leeching off cities to subsidize the infrastructure they're ungrateful for.

Democrats need to stop dragging rural America forward kicking and screaming in efforts to improve their lives with evilness like healthcare, tax policy to fund their safety nets, or money to build roads and bridges. Cut them loose, it's what they want anyway. 

That might be a plan if the schism was nice and tidy geographically but it is not. The last time a civil war tried to divide this country it didn’t fare very well. I get what your saying and even sympathize with it but it can’t happen.

• Plus1 1

It actually pisses me off that rural Nebraskans could be duped by Trump and turn into such snowflake weaklings that they think they need a savior like him who has never done a bit of physical labor in his life and has never associated with people like them and most likely detests them and would wash his hand if they shook it. They aren’t supposed to be stupid and they aren’t supposed to be weak and it’s f#&%ing disappointing. My grandpa farmed all his life and he was a bit bigoted but he voted for Obama when he was in his 90s and all of his kids are complete Trump homers. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It actually pisses me off that rural Nebraskans could be duped by Trump and turn into such snowflake weaklings that they think they need a savior like him who has never done a bit of physical labor in his life and has never associated with people like them and most likely detests them and would wash his hand if they shook it. They aren’t supposed to be stupid and they aren’t supposed to be weak and it’s f#&%ing disappointing. My grandpa farmed all his life and he was a bit bigoted but he voted for Obama when he was in his 90s and all of his kids are complete Trump homers. 

Yes, it’s very disappointing that so many otherwise hardworking and respectable people have been suckered in by Trump. There are lots of converging reasons for it but it leaves you with little faith in humanity. I hate to use the analogy but I imagine it’s a very similar phenomenon to how Hitler rose to power in Germany. Too many people needed reasons why their lives weren’t what they wanted and they got sold some BS.

• Plus1 1