Economy

Again, anyone ever shocked that the USA, the greatest, most stable, most industrialized, most educated (for the most part), most advanced, most free, most diverse, most capitalist and most open country in the world would NOT be kicking a$$ and being the fastest growing in pretty much everything after Covid, is nuts. 

This was (and should have been) expected.  

This would be like being shocked that Top Gun II was a hit.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

On 8/4/2023 at 7:48 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Well, Warren is putting his money where his mouth is. He’s bought billions in treasury bills recently and he’s going to buy more. 

Maybe he is betting on the Republicans to win in 2024.;)

• Haha 1
On 8/4/2023 at 5:27 PM, teachercd said:

Again, anyone ever shocked that the USA, the greatest, most stable, most industrialized, most educated (for the most part), most advanced, most free, most diverse, most capitalist and most open country in the world would NOT be kicking a$$ and being the fastest growing in pretty much everything after Covid, is nuts. 

This was (and should have been) expected.  

This would be like being shocked that Top Gun II was a hit.

Was anyone here acting shocked? Or was it the opposite?

You know....the U.S. is doing better than the rest of the world in post-pandemic recovery, inflation is a predictable result of it, and many economic indicators are pretty good by any recent standard.  

So why is one side doing so much hand-wringing about the American economy?

It would be like going to Top Gun II and complaining that Tom Cruise looks older.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Was anyone here acting shocked? Or was it the opposite?

You know....the U.S. is doing better than the rest of the world in post-pandemic recovery, inflation is a predictable result of it, and many economic indicators are pretty good by any recent standard.  

So why is one side doing so much hand-wringing about the American economy?

It would be like going to Top Gun II and complaining that Tom Cruise looks older.

Come on....don't steal my Top Gun bit!

"Guy Chamberlin...sniff...you stink" 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

8 hours???

Who do you think I am?!?!

Try 8 minutes!

I figured the first 7 hours and 52 minutes would be used to rewind and/or fast forward to the right spot on the VCR and then mess with the tracking to get rid of the static as you played it in slow motion! :D

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I figured the first 7 hours and 52 minutes would be used to rewind and/or fast forward to the right spot on the VCR and then mess with the tracking to get rid of the static as you played it in slow motion! :D

Thank god for YouTube!  ha

"Playing...playing with the boys..."  Oh Kenny Loggins.

• Haha 3