Biden Foreign Policy

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

We have missiles that can reach that height and shoot it down. But that comes with risks: if the missile hits where does the debris come down or if the missile misses where does the missile come down.

Not to mention... It also has to have a radar signature big enough for the missile to track. Depending on what material it's made of it may have almost zero return on radar. Obviously it doesn't have a heat signature so that type of missile is out. TV or laser guided missiles could probably work, but at this point we probably know what's onboard the balloon, and it's probably not worth wasting the money in fuel, ammo, and maintenance to destroy it.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Do you think that ' ... ' after "do their thing" is Jr taking another hit of coke off the coffee table before finishing his train of thought?

He better be, because he doesn't have the first clue how ballistics work.

26 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Not to mention... It also has to have a radar signature big enough for the missile to track. Depending on what material it's made of it may have almost zero return on radar. Obviously it doesn't have a heat signature so that type of missile is out. TV or laser guided missiles could probably work, but at this point we probably know what's onboard the balloon, and it's probably not worth wasting the money in fuel, ammo, and maintenance to destroy it.

How would they know what's on board?  I was thinking just the opposite.  What if it's not a spy balloon, but it's filled with explosives from some type of enemy.  We shoot it down, it lands somewhere and explodes.  We have no control over where it lands.

I know that's pretty far fetched.  But, if you're in charge, do you take the chance?

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How would they know what's on board?  I was thinking just the opposite.  What if it's not a spy balloon, but it's filled with explosives from some type of enemy.  We shoot it down, it lands somewhere and explodes.  We have no control over where it lands.

I know that's pretty far fetched.  But, if you're in charge, do you take the chance?

Intell. Telescope. Areal observation from planes and satellites. Signals monitoring. They know what's in there guaranteed.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Fun fact. The US once considered bombing Japan with bats during WW2. Chinese taking a page right out of our playbook. But we're on to them.

Another fun fact. The US also discovered what they thought was a Japanese surveillance ballon in our airspace one time and tried to shoot it down…..only to realize that it wasn’t a balloon at all. They were shooting at Venus.

• Haha 2