Biden Foreign Policy

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

US announced the final withdrawal date of 8/31 at least 6 months ago. @Redux spent come posts complaining about delaying for 6 months, so he might remember the specific dates.

That didn’t answer my question.  Does Mr. Gregg have proof that those US Citizens didn’t want to get out?  Cause the Government isn’t saying this.  

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That didn’t answer my question.  Does Mr. Gregg have proof that those US Citizens didn’t want to get out?  Cause the Government isn’t saying this.  

He has logical reasoning. US citizens had at least 6 months of warning. Verifiable proof not required to make logical deductions in life.

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Greg might want to see this.  The ones who still want to leave 

And? That doesn't have anything to do with the timeline.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

He has logical reasoning. US citizens had at least 6 months of warning. Verifiable proof not required to make logical deductions in life.

And? That doesn't have anything to do with the timeline.

It has everything to do with what I posted earlier:dunno  keep in mind, I never spoke about a timeline today.  Biden is on camera saying he would not leave American citizens behind regardless of this timeline you are so concerned about. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It has everything to do with what I posted earlier:dunno  keep in mind, I never spoke about a timeline today.  Biden is on camera saying he would not leave American citizens behind regardless of this timeline you are so concerned about. 

I agree Biden should have chosen his words better. I'm mostly pushing back on the idea that we should keep troops there for the last remaining US citizens. They've had plenty of time to get to the evac site.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I saw the Taliban flying our Blackhawks in a couple videos, one even had a guy dangling from it.  Then today I was shown an article about a gay man who was sexually assaulted and murdered (hope I used that word right) by the Taliban.  And then I saw a picture of all the service dogs we abandoned in cages at the airport, I guess because they too count as "equipment".

But yeah, let's word play and be dramatic about how civilians had 6 extra months to get out.  The military, the government, yeah they have a hell of a lot easier access to come and go.  Civilians, I doubt it.  Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I do seem to remember some crazy worldwide thing going on that seemed to make travel, especially the international kind, quite difficult.  Idk, maybe I'm off base here.

• Plus1 4

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

US announced the final withdrawal date of 8/31 at least 6 months ago. @Redux spent come posts complaining about delaying for 6 months, so he might remember the specific dates.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't our own President reiterate that Afghanistan falling wasn't an imminent threat?  Civilians probably weren't being told "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, THE TALIBAN WILL TAKE OVER IN 48HRS!"

But yeah, it's probably those stupid civilians fault :facepalm:

• Oh Yeah! 1