Biden Foreign Policy

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I 100% am so happy for Ryna expressing his/her right to free speech and since he/she loves Hamas so much I 100% feel that he/she should go and support them, over there.  God would that be a wonder thing to see.  These morons that have zero actual understanding of things because they are free of actual consequences from the things they think they support. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I 100% am so happy for Ryna expressing his/her right to free speech and since he/she loves Hamas so much I 100% feel that he/she should go and support them, over there.  God would that be a wonder thing to see.  These morons that have zero actual understanding of things because they are free of actual consequences from the things they think they support. 

A super funny thing I saw was a group of LGB students holding a sign saying they supported Palestine etc.., probably without knowing they support folks that would literally kill them for being gay.   

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A super funny thing I saw was a group of LGB students holding a sign saying they supported Palestine etc.., probably without knowing they support folks that would literally kill them for being gay.   

So is supporting Palestine like the new "cool" thing or something?

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So is supporting Palestine like the new "cool" thing or something?

I think realizing that life in Palestine is harder for normal folks that live there largely due to the Israeli government is a far cry from supporting Hamas.  Stupid people think that doing one means they have to do the other.  They are dumb.

• TBH 4
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I think realizing that life in Palestine is harder for normal folks that live there largely due to the Israeli government is a far cry from supporting Hamas.  Stupid people think that doing one means they have to do the other.  They are dumb.

Yeah, sure, and that makes sense. 

Just with the lack of civil rights and all, it seems odd some of the people/groups that would be supportive. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

We're seeing it in real time even in this thread.

Supporting Palestine is supporting the normal human beings who, despite any disagreements or different ways of seeing the world, have been denied any hope or ability for self-determination in their lives and have to fight like hell just to survive, because of nothing they did other than exist. It's not supporting terrorism, or brutal and unjust rulers, or war, and it's also not in conflict with supporting Israelis. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

We're seeing it in real time even in this thread.

Supporting Palestine is supporting the normal human beings who, despite any disagreements or different ways of seeing the world, have been denied any hope or ability for self-determination in their lives and have to fight like hell just to survive, because of nothing they did other than exist. It's not supporting terrorism, or brutal and unjust rulers, or war, and it's also not in conflict with supporting Israelis. 

There is a big % of Palestinians that "support" Hamas though, so I could see where there would be some grey area when it comes to supporting.  

• TBH 3
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

On the plus side, the need to create a Palestinian state may become a moot point by the time Israel gets done exacting their revenge. They don’t mess around and their responses aren’t typically limited to any injustices done to them. I’ll be very surprised if this doesn’t result in all out war with Iran.

My guess is Gaza will not exist as a Palestinian governed territory after this. Whenever Israel is attacked they take whatever territory they think they need for security. I bet they take and govern Gaza now. Just like Golan Heights. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

There is a big % of Palestinians that "support" Hamas though, so I could see where there would be some grey area when it comes to supporting.  

This is true, and it's another layer that's complicated. Some support Hamas because plenty of people in the world are either idiots or a$$h@!es or both. Some support because they believe in redemptive violence the same way most Americans do and see Israel as the party at fault to which they are responding and resisting. Plenty of other good and bad and understandable-even-though-its-wrong factors at play.

Ultimately folks who support something bad have the same right to liberty and freedom and self-determination as those who don't, regardless of where or who they are.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, nic said:

The irony of this idiot's statement is if that event had not happened Chistianty may not exist. I suspect most Christians are actually ok with the this. :D

This idiot must not understand the Bible enough to know that if we didn’t have the Jewish religion, we wouldn’t have Christianity…..for more reasons than this event.