Biden Foreign Policy

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So true.  It is part of the way of life in that area and it seems like it always will be.

I’m not so sure that the people in power of the Israeli people don’t want peace as someone said.  Why would they prefer to want war and have their citizens slaughtered by Hamas instead of living as a peaceful country?   I get why a terrorist org wants war though. 

2 hours ago, nic said:

What percent of the UN budget do we pay for? I think if it's over 50 percent we should be able fire people from the organization. 

The UN has been a joke of an organization for awhile now.   I have no idea why we find that to the extent we do.  Great place for budget cuts imo.

• TBH 2

17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not so sure that the people in power of the Israeli people don’t want peace as someone said.  Why would they prefer to want war and have their citizens slaughtered by Hamas instead of living as a peaceful country?

If they actually wanted peace they would at least legitimately entertain the notion to stop being an illegal occupying force engaging in apartheid after 50+ years.

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Former PM Golda Meir said "If the Palestinians lay down their weapons, there will be peace. If the Israelis lay down their weapons, there will be a massacre."

Kind of hard to take totally seriously when you look at the casualty counts over a longer period of time than just one week.

• Haha 4
  • TBH 2
12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Not sure it's the same view on both sides.

Former PM Golda Meir said "If the Palestinians lay down their weapons, there will be peace. If the Israelis lay down their weapons, there will be a massacre."

https://quote.org/quote/if-the-palestinians-lay-down-their-weapons-623755

Yep and that’s why is disingenuous for people to say Israel leadership actually wants to be at war. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Except the UN actually recognizes it as Palestine, I believe.  

I lot of stuff to be upset about, but this is about #1063 on the list...

Upset no. Making fun of them. Yes. Wasn't the UN partially responsible of establishing Israel in 1948?