Biden Foreign Policy

Because furthering peace and cooperation between two countries who have historically had a tense relationship is something MAGA should get all frothy about.  :facepalm:  One would think galvanizing an alliance in that part of the world as a check to China and North Korea would be welcomed.  But not if you're desperate to spread disinformation evidently.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, was it the Imojin wars back like 400 years ago?  

They hated each other!  Ha

Ya, I mean any chance it was three friendly heads of state from countries meeting to discuss current events instead of hyperbolizing brokering peace between the three countries!   It’s like saying a President meeting with UK leaders is brokering peace discussions between the two countries.  :D 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I mean, was it the Imojin wars back like 400 years ago?  

They hated each other!  Ha

I'm pretty sure Japan effectively ruled Korea for the first half of the 20th century. Probably some harsh feelings from that, since Japan were some pretty big a-holes around that time.

But calling this brokering peace is a bit much.

21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm pretty sure Japan effectively ruled Korea for the first half of the 20th century. Probably some harsh feelings from that, since Japan were some pretty big a-holes around that time.

But calling this brokering peace is a bit much.

Could be!  Good call!

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Because furthering peace and cooperation between two countries who have historically had a tense relationship is something MAGA should get all frothy about.  :facepalm:  One would think galvanizing an alliance in that part of the world as a check to China and North Korea would be welcomed.  But not if you're desperate to spread disinformation evidently.

While the post was a shade hyperbolic, this summit was 20% about cooperation between existing allies, and 80% a show for China. Smart people should get that. 

The good news is that Republicans can rest a little easier, knowing that Biden actually is tough on China, and the conservative blogosphere will now stop the relentless narrative that he isn't. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3

• 5 weeks later...