Biden Foreign Policy

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Huh?

There is one China. It's called "China"

Taiwan already is independent and we call it "Taiwan"

What Blinken was saying was that we support the status quo, which has been in place since 1979 with the passing of the Taiwan Relations Act, not an officially recognized independent Taiwan and also not an invasion of the PRC to unify China. It's a messy, nebulous tightrope act and always has been.  

He clearly stated we support Taiwan's ability to defend itself.  Who do you think he's saying Taiwan would need to defend itself against?  He's reiterating the status quo to cool down tensions but let's let the likes of Ian Miles Cheong make it seem otherwise.  

This statement was not a change from long standing US policy across the political spectrum.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

:clap

I don’t know.

Im actually in DC right now.  Yesterday my family toured the Capital and sat in the Senate gallery for a few minutes.  We listened to John Cornyn talk about how the flood of immigrants is happening but Biden is just “cooking the books”…

On 6/19/2023 at 1:12 PM, BigRedBuster said:

WTF???

So to get popular on Twitter amongst the tech-bro, right wing crowd you just tweet things that have been happening for decades and make it seem like a radical change in policy that was never the goal in the first place?

I'm starting to get jealous I'm not in on the grift of these people. Look, there's no hope for them and based on the comment history of some board members, they'll remain loyal literally no matter what. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I don’t know.

Im actually in DC right now.  Yesterday my family toured the Capital and sat in the Senate gallery for a few minutes.  We listened to John Cornyn talk about how the flood of immigrants is happening but Biden is just “cooking the books”…

I can't believe Cornyn would say something like that with a Dem in the WH.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

:clap

I think they were stealing our ideas here. Those dirty crooks!

I don't know why this thought has never occurred to me before; but you ever think about how messed up it is that people complain about the cheap labor in Mexico and Central/South America, and how good paying American jobs have moved there? Then they turn around and get red in the face about immigrants illegally crossing to take better paying jobs here? What do they really want, these people to be unemployed and live in complete poverty?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don’t know.

We did that a few years ago. Democracy in action. When you're there live, you can't help notice there are maybe a half dozen Senators actually present and paying no attention, and that it's all played to the camera. Some of the committee hearings are open to the public, too. The one I wandered into failed to inspire. 

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We did that a few years ago. Democracy in action. When you're there live, you can't help notice there are maybe a half dozen Senators actually present and paying no attention, and that it's all played to the camera. Some of the committee hearings are open to the public, too. The one I wandered into failed to inspire. 

:lol: He was literally the only person in the room with the young pages.  Except for the person with the gavel that looked like he was reading a book!

My kids were very confused.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...