Biden Foreign Policy

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, is your answer to eradicate the world of all Palestinians?

Ummmm....NO they haven't.

That is sort of their answer.   I feel like they pushed all their chips in.

By supporting Hamas they are supporting terrorism at least in the eyes of most of the world.  Then "they" started a fight with a country that has the most powerful friend in the world.  

There are only a few possible outcomes and none of them is "Palestine wins all the land they want and there will now be more peace than anyone could have ever imagine, there will never be fighting again, never!"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did I even remotely hint whatsoever that is my answer:facepalm:  c’mon man

But, earlier, I put out my solution (if I were in charge) on how possibly we could win over the support of the Palestian people and all you commented back was implying it wouldn't work because most of them support Hamas.  

I then asked you what your solution was and you didn't answer....that I remember. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, earlier, I put out my solution (if I were in charge) on how possibly we could win over the support of the Palestian people and all you commented back was implying it wouldn't work because most of them support Hamas.  

I then asked you what your solution was and you didn't answer....that I remember. 

That is a fair question but I don't think there is a rainbows and unicorns answer.

The answer probably is time and fear.  Or time and kindness.  

But time is the key and the amount of time is probably years and years and years.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is sort of their answer.   I feel like they pushed all their chips in.

By supporting Hamas they are supporting terrorism at least in the eyes of most of the world.  Then "they" started a fight with a country that has the most powerful friend in the world.  

There are only a few possible outcomes and none of them is "Palestine wins all the land they want and there will now be more peace than anyone could have ever imagine, there will never be fighting again, never!"

Yep....we have two solutions.

1). Eradicate the world of Palestinians because they support Hamas.

Or.

2). Figure out how we can win over the support of the Palestinians and get them to reject Hamas.

One of those two is extremely difficulte.  The other is not an option....in my mind anyway.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is a fair question but I don't think there is a rainbows and unicorns answer.

The answer probably is time and fear.  Or time and kindness.  

But time is the key and the amount of time is probably years and years and years.  

Yes.  You could possibly stop the current violence with fear.  But, long term, you are not going to win them over without kindness.

And...you have to do that with the civilians while resisting and fighting Hamas.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep....we have two solutions.

1). Eradicate the world of Palestinians because they support Hamas.

Or.

2). Figure out how we can win over the support of the Palestinians and get them to reject Hamas.

One of those two is extremely difficulte.  The other is not an option....in my mind anyway.

It isn't your option though.  That is the point.

The only way winning them over becomes an option is if THEY pick it.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.  You could possibly stop the current violence with fear.  But, long term, you are not going to win them over without kindness.

And...you have to do that with the civilians while resisting and fighting Hamas.

Yep and that is what makes it so difficult.  

You can offer a person hanging off a cliff a hand...but they have to want to accept it.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

It is always the nut jobs on both far sides that ruin s#!t and they are a small minority but they never shut the f#&% up.

This is true. The issue with the morons on the left is that Democrats currently face systemic disadvantages in elections. They don't have a geographic advantage to save them even it comes to the Senate or Electoral College. Democrats have to play the game better to get the same electoral outcomes as Republicans. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

This is quite the stereotype.

Is it inaccurate? 

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You may check on that.   I’m pretty sure I didn’t even respond to the post you are referencing so how could I imply your plan wouldn’t work:dunno

• TBH 2
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In terms of "the majority of Palestinians support Hamas", I'm not sure what that does mean or is supposed to mean but it's not a strong statement.

Support is a vague and nebulous term. Massive amounts of Americans support Israel, yet I'm sure they don't support apartheid or bombing civilians. I support Nebraska football but I don't support Arik Gilbert breaking into vape stores or many of the ethically grey things Osborne did in the 90's. I support the troops but I don't support drone strikes on American citizens.

So I guess I'm left with a question of, 'Ok, what does that even mean?' While others seem to have their mind made up with a simple framework of good guys and bad guys, that seems to be the same kind of thinking that leads to decades worth of retributive violence that gets us nowhere.

Between the options of 'most palestinians support everything that Hamas does and cheer on murder and rape' vs 'most palestinians live in a context with zero good options and are forced to compromise at every turn for the sake of survival and want to be free of the occupying boot on their necks' one seems like a talking point and one seems like an invitation to learn and understand more.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

In terms of "the majority of Palestinians support Hamas", I'm not sure what that does mean or is supposed to mean but it's not a strong statement.

Support is a vague and nebulous term. Massive amounts of Americans support Israel, yet I'm sure they don't support apartheid or bombing civilians. I support Nebraska football but I don't support Arik Gilbert breaking into vape stores or many of the ethically grey things Osborne did in the 90's. I support the troops but I don't support drone strikes on American citizens.

So I guess I'm left with a question of, 'Ok, what does that even mean?' While others seem to have their mind made up with a simple framework of good guys and bad guys, that seems to be the same kind of thinking that leads to decades worth of retributive violence that gets us nowhere.

Between the options of 'most palestinians support everything that Hamas does and cheer on murder and rape' vs 'most palestinians live in a context with zero good options and are forced to compromise at every turn for the sake of survival and want to be free of the occupying boot on their necks' one seems like a talking point and one seems like an invitation to learn and understand more.

Ha...are you trying to say that most Palestinians only support the "nice, sweet, fun" stuff that Hamas does, not the bad stuff?

I kid, I kid.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1