Biden Foreign Policy

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'll give the United States credit for trying to keep the situation from spiraling out of control. 

Hopefully this works and allows for the price pressure on oil to ease.

And GOP congressmen are waiting to get their marching orders from Putin on how they should be critical of Biden

• Haha 4
  • TBH 4

4 hours ago, Undone said:

- some of whom are secular and have no real interest in the religiously zealous alignments of Hamas.

I don't know if I believe Hamas is religious or if they just use religion to help justify their cause. The hatred between Jews and Arabs goes back thousands of years. At this point it's just cultural. 

It sucks the way Hamas uses their people, but I think it's time to stomp them out.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
37 minutes ago, nic said:

I don't know if I believe Hamas is religious or if they just use religion to help justify their cause. The hatred between Jews and Arabs goes back thousands of years. At this point it's just cultural. 

It sucks the way Hamas uses their people, but I think it's time to stomp them out.

It is both.  It is faith being used for fighting.  

In reality they are just f#&%ing losers.  Feral animals.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, nic said:

I don't know if I believe Hamas is religious or if they just use religion to help justify their cause.

Then you have a misunderstanding. Hamas is verifiably deeply Islamic. This is where they differ from the Palestinian Authority and the PLO. When they displaced those aforementioned entities in 2007, they became in complete control of Palestine and the mentality of Palestine's leadership changed.

And their leadership and objectives are deeply religious. This is one of the big problems at play. They also partner with Palestinian Islamic Jihad, a purely terrorist group, whose sole aim is basically the annihilation of Israel. There's little doubt that PIJ is playing a role in this thing as well.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Undone said:

Then you have a misunderstanding. Hamas is verifiably deeply Islamic. This is where they differ from the Palestinian Authority and the PLO. When they displaced those aforementioned entities in 2007, they became in complete control of Palestine and the mentality of Palestine's leadership changed.

And their leadership and objectives are deeply religious. This is one of the big problems at play. They also partner with Palestinian Islamic Jihad, a purely terrorist group, whose sole aim is basically the annihilation of Israel. There's little doubt that PIJ is playing a role in this thing as well.

Ehhhh, their faith prohibits them from killing.  So, they are maybe not super great followers of their faith.  

As most members of every faith, people tend to "sort of" follow deeply, but not really.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhhh, their faith prohibits them from killing.  So, they are maybe not super great followers of their faith.  

As most members of every faith, people tend to "sort of" follow deeply, but not really.

It's hard to convey tone on the board, so please imagine me saying this in a nice, calm voice while we both sip our beers.   :)    You're kind of going on a tangent here. You're changing the subject to be "how exactly does Hamas leadership practice Islam?" I'm not going to attempt to discuss that because it's missing the point.

Go google "does Hamas identify with Islam" if you think what I'm saying is inaccurate. I don't believe it's even up for debate that Hamas is Islamic.

17 hours ago, nic said:

Or she posts misinformation. I suppose these days it's common place...

Careful readers will notice that AOC specifically used the words "misinformation in all directions" and that her advice to pause, check, and verify from multiple sources is exactly what people should do. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

It's hard to convey tone on the board, so please imagine me saying this in a nice, calm voice while we both sip our beers.   :)    You're kind of going on a tangent here. You're changing the subject to be "how exactly does Hamas leadership practice Islam?" I'm not going to attempt to discuss that because it's missing the point.

Go google "does Hamas identify with Islam" if you think what I'm saying is inaccurate. I don't believe it's even up for debate that Hamas is Islamic.

I mean, they identify with a very militant violent FORM of islam, sure!  I think we all agree with that! 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, they identify with a very militant violent FORM of islam, sure!  I think we all agree with that! 

Yes. They are a Sunni Islamist group. Some Sunni's are totes into practicing Jihad (and hopefully we don't have to have a long discussion on what that is and how some Muslims view that as just literally a "struggle" and all of that s***), and Hamas is in that camp. They're totally into the whole "holy wars" thing.

This is the problem.