Biden Foreign Policy

5 hours ago, Decked said:

Very interesting. I thought I had seen that Israel only supplied about 11% of water to Gaza. Cannot confirm if that figure is accurate. 

That's right, but the rest comes from the sea and has to be desalinated and make its way to people, which is pretty tough without electricity and fuel.

• TBH 1
On 10/12/2023 at 5:42 PM, knapplc said:

Of course not. We wouldn't expect that. 

You are 100% right about FOX. They are biased and the reporting is geared to support their agenda, but so is CNN, The NY Times, the NY Post….could almost list every one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Aw s#!t... This better not be another red line in the middle east sands. 

If Biden wanted to get real savy he would start negotiating with Lebanon to provide economic relief of some kind if they promised to remove Hezbolla and prevent any attacks from their territory.

• TBH 1

Unrelated to Israel, but the Biden Administration is at least putting in effort to try and deal with international problems. We'll see if Maduro sticks to the deal.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s good de-escalation on the Biden DOD part if it holds. 

Agreed. It's certainly hopeful. No matter what, the situation in Gaza seems to be heading towards a bloody conclusion for both Hamas and Israeli forces.

Right now we just have to hope the situation doesn't spiral into something regional. It's essentially isolating bad outcomes to just the Gaza strip.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

I think the goal of Hamas and Iran is to make it regional. 

41 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Right now we just have to hope the situation doesn't spiral into something regional. It's essentially isolating bad outcomes to just the Gaza strip

• TBH 3
1 hour ago, nic said:

I think the goal of Hamas and Iran is to make it regional. 

I make barely one post a year in this sub-forum.

Hamas' goal seems to have been to embolden all of Palestine to believe that this was a sign from allah that it was time to go into an all-out war against Israel to completely eradicate the state of Israel. They've been saving up their resources for this moment.

Israel's intelligence seems to have a good hold on exactly where Hamas' main strongholds are in the Gaza Strip. Israel is trying to convince Palestinians to gtfo of there immediately because they're going to take out these Hamas strong points. It seems that it's going to happen no matter what if the Israeli hostages aren't completely released.

Hamas uses their own people as human shields like cowards. They know the cost is going to be high, and Israel knows that traps will be laid for them when ground forces blast into Gaza.

I feel for innocent Palestinians - some of whom are secular and have no real interest in the religiously zealous alignments of Hamas. It's terrible to think about even more Palestinian civilians dying in this thing. But it's going to happen and will be Hamas' fault entirely at this juncture once it does.

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Hamas' goal seems to have been to embolden all of Palestine to believe that this was a sign from allah that it was time to go into an all-out war against Israel to completely eradicate the state of Israel. They've been saving up their resources for this moment.

Israel's intelligence seems to have a good hold on exactly where Hamas' main strongholds are in the Gaza Strip. Israel is trying to convince Palestinians to gtfo of there immediately because they're going to take out these Hamas strong points. It seems that it's going to happen no matter what if the Israeli hostages aren't completely released.

Hamas uses their own people as human shields like cowards. They know the cost is going to be high, and Israel knows that traps will be laid for them when ground forces blast into Gaza.

I feel for innocent Palestinians - some of whom are secular and have no real interest in the religiously zealous alignments of Hamas. It's terrible to think about even more Palestinian civilians dying in this thing. But it's going to happen and will be Hamas' fault entirely at this juncture once it does.

Good post for your once a year foray into P&R

11 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think this is pretty much spot on.

There will be no peaceful conclusion to this.