Biden Foreign Policy

Beyond the New York Times and various Twitter players, it looks like most of the mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, WaPo) report both sides blaming the other in headlines and reporting that decline to tilt in one direction. 

The hospital and body count is tailor made for outrage -- maybe even a false flag -- but it's also a fact that 2,800 have been killed collectively by Israeli counter-strikes, most of them civilian, 700 of them reportedly children, and apparently several in South Gaza who were following the evacuation orders given by Israel itself. 

There's plenty of horrible s#!t to go around. Everybody needs to be careful what they're slinging. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

So HAMass uses crypto as their main source of currency.  Yet, I have a hard time figuring out how to start a Robinhood account to even purchase crypto.  

Unreal.

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Beyond the New York Times and various Twitter players, it looks like most of the mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, WaPo) report both sides blaming the other in headlines and reporting that decline to tilt in one direction. 

The hospital and body count is tailor made for outrage -- maybe even a false flag -- but it's also a fact that 2,800 have been killed collectively by Israeli counter-strikes, most of them civilian, 700 of them reportedly children, and apparently several in South Gaza who were following the evacuation orders given by Israel itself. 

There's plenty of horrible s#!t to go around. Everybody needs to be careful what they're slinging. 

Problem is

Being "first" to report is such a big deal and the "bigger the report" the more views/clicks.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes, I also know how manipulation works.  

Everyone has a choice. 

Right. Join a terrorist group or go golfing with your buddies. 

This isn't about sympathy. But it is about having a basic understanding of how billions of people who aren't you have a very very different life. If you're a terrorist foot soldier or a 12 year old drug cartel lookout, you may already be succeeding better than your father. You want to tell that kid to buckle down, finish his book report on Lord of the Flies, and choose the life of a middle-class white American?

Unless one of your whiskey tasting golf buddies joined a local rightwing militia. That happens, too. Maybe that's what you're talking about. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Right. Join a terrorist group or go golfing with your buddies. 

This isn't about sympathy. But it is about having a basic understanding of how billions of people who aren't you have a very very different life. If you're a terrorist foot soldier or a 12 year old drug cartel lookout, you may already be succeeding better than your father. You want to tell that kid to buckle down, finish his book report on Lord of the Flies, and choose the life of a middle-class white American?

Unless one of your whiskey tasting golf buddies joined a local rightwing militia. That happens, too. Maybe that's what you're talking about. 

Ohhhhhh, now I get it.  

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It’s a fact Israel has killed 2800

civilians?  This number comes from where?  

No chance some of them killed by the 20% failed Hamas rocket ratio that land in Gaza? 

No doubt there are and will be civilians killed in Gaza.  Hamas controls that by blending their fighting structures into the civilian population.  Hamas, as much as possible, prevents the people from leaving conflict areas.  

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No chance some of them killed by the 20% failed Hamas rocket ratio that land in Gaza? 

No doubt there are and will be civilians killed in Gaza.  Hamas controls that by blending their fighting structures into the civilian population.  Hamas, as much as possible, prevents the people from leaving conflict areas.  

They use human shields for reasons. I seem to remember rockets being shot from a hospital Lebanon many years ago and the Israels opted to take them out with special ops instead of missiles, the team messed up, and many of the special ops forces died. Hezbola celebrated. Israel probably said, screw that from now on.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait, are you suggesting these kinda people have a choice between extremism and golf?

I mean, this is how warlords, conspiracy cults and drug cartels have always worked. You find people who feel genuinely powerless --- because they are --- and give them a sense of power, purpose, and belonging. They're not risking much because their lives are s#!t, and they will be taking down a villain so evil and powerful they get to be a hero for once in their sad, stupid lives.

1200px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The Palestinian Ministry of Health reported over 2750 dead two days ago, so regardless of whether you believe the number is true it doesn't include the hospital rocket casualties.

2800 dead prior to the hospital event given the amount of bombs is actually much lower than what I would’ve thought. Especially taking into account population density. Although, I’m sure they don’t have the time nor working tools to properly count. 

32 minutes ago, Decked said:

2800 dead prior to the hospital event given the amount of bombs is actually much lower than what I would’ve thought. Especially taking into account population density. Although, I’m sure they don’t have the time nor working tools to properly count. 

I am always shocked that more people do not die when bombs missiles hit a crowded building. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

1200px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

The Palestinian Ministry of Health reported over 2750 dead two days ago, so regardless of whether you believe the number is true it doesn't include the hospital rocket casualties.

That doesn’t answer my question.  What legitimate source says Israeli rockets are responsible for 2800 deaths.  It’s a known fact the dips#!ts known as Hamas launch rockets and they routinely fail to cross the border (20%failure rate by some accounts).   What are the chances some, many, most??? Of those are because of the dips#!t crew? 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That doesn’t answer my question.  What legitimate source says Israeli rockets are responsible for 2800 deaths.  It’s a known fact the dips#!ts known as Hamas launch rockets and they routinely fail to cross the border (20%failure rate by some accounts).   What are the chances some, many, most??? Of those are because of the dips#!t crew? 

Absolutely a chance Hamas hit the hospital. It’s possible they did it on purpose. Hopefully someone has footage and the world will know.

Edit: I didn’t know Biden said this.

President Biden revealed Wednesday that data he has seen from the U.S. Department of Defense has made him sure that Israel is not to blame for a blast at a hospital in the Gaza Strip that has left hundreds of people dead. 

Biden said earlier that the explosion that rocked the al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza City on Tuesday -- which Hamas is claiming was the result of an Israeli airstrike – was "done by the other team." 

When asked later Wednesday what made him so sure about that, Biden said "The data I was shown by my defense department." 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
14 hours ago, teachercd said:

For real though, could you imagine being such a loser with a totally lame life, no hobbies, no friends that are fun or cool at all, so you join (any) type of extremist group?

Like, get a f#&%ing job.  Go to work, be productive.  Get a girlfriend (if you can, but don't get married, that is even worse than being in the group), watch sports, join a gym, go golfing, get into whisky tasting.  

These dorks are the biggest losers around.  

In your life have you ever had one friend or even acquaintance that acts like these dorks? 

"Hey, Brent, you wanna maybe golf this weekend or grab some beers after work on Friday?"

"No can do man, I am gonna go sharpen my knives, read a religious book that I will totally misinterpret and be super angry at people that I don't actually know" 

I'm not defending Hamas. I wish they could be obliterated yesterday. But just some food for thought. People in third world countries are on a different plane of existence than we Americans are. Think about it in terms of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs:

Maslow's hierarchy of needs - Wikipedia

These folks aren't even solid on the first layer, "physiological." A lot of them probably feel like they have nothing to live for. Then you throw in the Jihad stuff and it starts making a lot of sense.

Again, just a discussion, not defending it. Terror acts are horrible and should be snuffed out.

Palestinians were probably way better off pre-2007 before Hamas took charge. The word is that Hamas takes aid packages delivered from foreign sources and puts it into building up resources for attacks like this. Just think how that worsens the situation for their own people, terrible.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1