Biden Foreign Policy

3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

This is true, and it's another layer that's complicated. Some support Hamas because plenty of people in the world are either idiots or a$$h@!es or both. Some support because they believe in redemptive violence the same way most Americans do and see Israel as the party at fault to which they are responding and resisting. Plenty of other good and bad and understandable-even-though-its-wrong factors at play.

Ultimately folks who support something bad have the same right to liberty and freedom and self-determination as those who don't, regardless of where or who they are.

In American, sure! Other countries, that right doesn't always exist. 

• TBH 3

59 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

We're seeing it in real time even in this thread.

Supporting Palestine is supporting the normal human beings who, despite any disagreements or different ways of seeing the world, have been denied any hope or ability for self-determination in their lives and have to fight like hell just to survive, because of nothing they did other than exist. It's not supporting terrorism, or brutal and unjust rulers, or war, and it's also not in conflict with supporting Israelis. 

What I wish we could do is convince Israel to stop being so horrible to Palestinians. If they don’t, our support will start to dwindle. 

Then, smother the Palestinians with support to help them live their lives free and happy. But, tell them if they support terrorism against Israel, we can not stop he’ll raining down on you from them. Also, we will help you fight the extremism in their communities that breeds this kind of hate. 

I believe the first step is to convince Israel to abandon their settlements and give control of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to the Palestinians. This is where my ideas will never succeed. 

Im not blaming Israel for the terrorism. But, they gotta help us help them.  

I think both Carter and Clinton tried really hard on this issue and I’m guessing this was one of the biggest gang ups. 

Also….who the F$&) decided that their territory would be split into two pieces. 

• TBH 1
57 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

We're seeing it in real time even in this thread.

Supporting Palestine is supporting the normal human beings who, despite any disagreements or different ways of seeing the world, have been denied any hope or ability for self-determination in their lives and have to fight like hell just to survive, because of nothing they did other than exist. It's not supporting terrorism, or brutal and unjust rulers, or war, and it's also not in conflict with supporting Israelis. 

50-60% of Palestinians support Hamas.  Another way to say that is over half that population supports a terrorist organization. 

https://apnews.com/article/hamas-middle-east-science-32095d8e1323fc1cad819c34da08fd87

• TBH 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

50-60% of Palestinians support Hamas.  Another way to say that is over half that population supports a terrorist organization. 

https://apnews.com/article/hamas-middle-east-science-32095d8e1323fc1cad819c34da08fd87

But….you have to break that some how. 

Or, do you just support the eradication of Palestinians?

I hope not. And if not, then what’s your answer if you had the power to help the situation?

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

52-64% of Americans have a favorable opinion of the CIA. Another way to say that is over half our population support war crimes and torture.

Now, of course, that is a stupid and disingenuous way of framing it that we obviously know isn't true.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

52-64% of Americans have a favorable opinion of the CIA. Another way to say that is over half our population support war crimes and torture.

Now, of course, that is a stupid and disingenuous way of framing it that we obviously know isn't true.

Your example is not the same.

• TBH 2

23 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Take your pick on whether I stand corrected or I stand acknowledging that using the word nobody rarely (and didn't in this case) refers to literally not a single person alive.

This is sick and shameful. But look at all of the replies:

"Shame on you. Totally discrediting the BLM cause.

"How is this any different than posting a Nazi symbol? Clearly a violation of TOS."

"For those who support the safety and well-being of Israelis, Palestinians, and Black Americans, this post is sickening.

It is also harmful to the cause of Black Americans."

"One of the worst posts I've ever seen"

"The image suggests you stand with Hamas, not Palestine. 
Do better."

"I deeply regret ever marching for BLM."

"imagine posting an image of a plane heading into the twin towers the day after 9/11 with the caption "I stand with afghanistan""

"This is vile. I don’t know how I’m surprised you went this low."

One of the Leaders of the Democrat party’s district. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not really.  Applaud the effort however.  Interesting you equate Hamas to the CIA though.   

You’re right. The CIA has done much worse than HAMAS. They both would be better off..well I better not post that. 

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:facepalm:

I urge you to please consider the numerous deaths and displacements as a result of oil wars drawn by the USA. There is not a country better off for our freedom interventions. Saudi Arabia is still standing even though they helped aide in the greatest tragedy that be-folded our country since Pearl Harbor. All we are left with as a result of toppling governments and endless war is debt, veteran suffering & suicide, & a Middle East worse off than before we came. Oh and politicians investing in war. Making millions in stocks. But Raytheon thanks you. 

posted from wiki (take this at face value):

According to one study, the U.S. performed at least 81 overt and covert known interventions in foreign elections during the period 1946–2000.[7] According to another study, the U.S. engaged in 64 covert and six overt attempts at regime change during the Cold War.[1]

• Plus1 2