The 2022 Congressional Elections

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

nope - he won and has been making a fool of himself in the general - performing much worse than expected.

It is kinda amazing that he is running such a bad campaign that he is losing to a guy that:

lived with his parents into his 40’s

dresses like a hobo

wants 2/3rds of criminals out of prison

isnt healthy enough to make it through a debate much less a 6 yr Senate term

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

It is kinda amazing that he is running such a bad campaign that he is losing to a guy that:

dresses like a hobo

Agree the dem in the race is about as bad as Hershel Walker

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

dresses like a hobo

I've seen no evidence of him living with his parents into his 40s, his attire isn't professional but far from a hobo, he wants miniscule drug charges expunged, and he is going to fully recover from his stroke. I'm really not sure how he won the primary, but he is an actual man of the people, which shouldn't be that hard for people to support. I'm dying for normal people to be in politics.

How bad is the Oz campaign? He is literally carpetbagging. He is not from Pennsylvania, and has made it obvious in his attempts at connecting to voters. His "Crudités" debacle was probably enough on its own to end this race. Oz is about to flip this seat that has been held by the Republicans since 1969. I guess that's more a testament to Cheeto's s#!tty endorsements than anything, because 5 minutes with Oz would have told a reasonable person that Oz should not hold public office.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
On 8/31/2022 at 9:59 PM, Archy1221 said:

dresses like a hobo

You misunderstand the appeal of Fetterman to Pennsylvanians. He is very much viewed as one of them, especially in rurals areas other Dems would get buried in, and Oz is very much viewed (rightly so) as an elitist carpetbagger.

• Plus1 3
On 9/1/2022 at 1:55 AM, mrandyk said:

I've seen no evidence of him living with his parents into his 40s, his attire isn't professional but far from a hobo, he wants miniscule drug charges expunged, and he is going to fully recover from his stroke. I'm really not sure how he won the primary, but he is an actual man of the people, which shouldn't be that hard for people to support. I'm dying for normal people to be in politics.

How bad is the Oz campaign? He is literally carpetbagging. He is not from Pennsylvania, and has made it obvious in his attempts at connecting to voters. His "Crudités" debacle was probably enough on its own to end this race. Oz is about to flip this seat that has been held by the Republicans since 1969. I guess that's more a testament to Cheeto's s#!tty endorsements than anything, because 5 minutes with Oz would have told a reasonable person that Oz should not hold public office.

For a while I waffled on who would be the better candidate for Fetterman to face for those that would like to see that seat flip to blue.

After watching the campaign unfold it was 110% Oz and I can't even believe I ever thought otherwise. I guess the concern was he could appeal to suburban wine moms who were otherwise trending Democratic. 

Looking back a generic, inoffensive conservative like his primary opponent would've created so many fewer headaches and at least made the race competitive.

• Plus1 1