** 2021 Opponent Previews : Buffalo (Game 3) **

15 hours ago, M.A. said:

We didn't play up to our potential in my opinion. The team that played better won. 

If the team "hasn't played to its potential" in half a decade, it's just because they're bad. 

Is Illinois a good team? No. Not even close. Are they better than Nebraska? Yes. We're that bad. 

Of note, Illinois did not play to their potential either, as they lost their starting QB early in the game. 

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Undone said:

So what kind of offense does Buffalo run exactly? Are they a "sling it around the house" spread offense or more of a power rushing team?

I have no idea on what their scheme is.

Run heavy, but I don't think it's the I-formation pound it up the middle type. But they've been consistently near the top of the rankings for rushing, and while it's a new staff the new OC is pretty run heavy as well. Big game for the LBs.

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Run heavy, but I don't think it's the I-formation pound it up the middle type. But they've been consistently near the top of the rankings for rushing, and while it's a new staff the new OC is pretty run heavy as well. Big game for the LBs.

Pretty safe to say though that this is where our defense's strength is though, against the run. Thanks for posting that.

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If the team "hasn't played to its potential" in half a decade, it's just because they're bad. 

Is Illinois a good team? No. Not even close. Are they better than Nebraska? Yes. We're that bad. 

Of note, Illinois did not play to their potential either, as they lost their starting QB early in the game. 

We have differing perspectives. And that's alright! A number of critical errors were made. I'll maintain that we didn't play near our potential. 

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I thought I read that we allowed 4.6 yds per run against Fordham. 

4.6 is accurate, yeah.

But judging by last year's defensive play and the fact that most of those players are still on the team now, if I had to say whether I thought we were better against the run or pass I'd pick "run," personally.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think we win if their starter stays in the game.  We had that guy very rattled.  

For whatever reason their backup had THE game of his life.  He was making throws that would have been considered good at any program in the nation.  He reverted right back to his usual self against UTSA.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think we win if their starter stays in the game.  We had that guy very rattled.  

For whatever reason their backup had THE game of his life.  He was making throws that would have been considered good at any program in the nation.  He reverted right back to his usual self against UTSA.  

No lies here. 

• Plus1 1