** 2021 Opponent Previews : Oklahoma (Game 4) **

The only thing that's important about this game is not letting it ruin any focus for traveling to East Lansing for Michigan State next week. Seriously. That is a very winnable game for us.

Imagine actually beating Michigan State & Northwestern and being 4-2 heading into the Michigan game. If we could get to that point I won't even be mad about the Illinois loss anymore at all.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Undone said:

The only thing that's important about this game is not letting it ruin any focus for traveling to East Lansing for Michigan State next week. Seriously. That is a very winnable game for us.

Imagine actually beating Michigan State & Northwestern and being 4-2 heading into the Michigan game. If we could get to that point I won't even be mad about the Illinois loss anymore at all.

100%. Even if things were rolling and we had a legitimate chance of beating Oklahoma, next week is a game you circle as one that has potential to be extra tricky. We are going to get banged up this week, that’s just the nature of playing an elite opponent, especially a “rival.” Must come out as unscathed as possible so we aren’t hurting next week and so we don’t let Oklahoma beat us twice.

On the other side of things, I think we are going to beat them up as well and I would say the same thing about them circling West Virginia next week as a tricky opponent coming off a game against us even if they end up covering the spread.

49 minutes ago, Undone said:

The #1 reason I have so little faith in us being capable of the upset is because we don't have a good individual-effort pass rusher nor a good pass rushing system in general.

They threw for a million yards on Saturday. Yeah it was a crap opponent.

I wouldn't say "they threw for a million yards" on Saturday. They attempted 50 passes for only 4.48 yards per attempt.  That's a ton of attempts and if they pass that many times, they are going to get some yards eventually.  Zero TDs and one INT.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Undone said:

While I would like to believe again, I find this prognostication to be something akin to a John Lennon title song rather than our current reality.  MSU is physical and well-coached.  Conversely, NU has more in common with the FSU team that just lost to JSU than MSU.  Moreover, Tucker has already had great defensive success against Frost in their only other meeting (Tucker's 1 year at CU) where he embarrassed NU. 

MSU will simply wear us down and win by a couple of scores.  I am not convinced the OU game, however large the final deficit is, will detract from another tough day next weekend in East Lansing.

• Thanks 2

well hopefully Manning, Oliver, Allen, Vokolek, and Rodgers are all available this week.  Maybe Corcoran gets to be 100%.  I'ld probably feel a little better about the chances of a win.  Will be interesting if Brown gets more PT.  He actually had a couple nice blocks against Buffalo.  They seem to harp on that a lot with WRs.  so hopefully that gets him on the field more to actually catch some balls.

52 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

While I would like to believe again, I find this prognostication to be something akin to a John Lennon title song rather than our current reality.  MSU is physical and well-coached.  Conversely, NU has more in common with the FSU team that just lost to JSU than MSU.  Moreover, Tucker has already had great defensive success against Frost in their only other meeting (Tucker's 1 year at CU) where he embarrassed NU. 

MSU will simply wear us down and win by a couple of scores.  I am not convinced the OU game, however large the final deficit is, will detract from another tough day next weekend in East Lansing.

Forgive me for not putting much stock in your predictions. Not that anyone should put much stock in mine either, but we know very little about MSU at this point and I don't get all the Mel Tucker love. 2019 Colorado was a complete defensive meltdown on our end, I still don't see the "outcoached" angle from that game. The team's confidence just shattered, which I guess you could attribute to coaching but definitely not to scheme.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1