** 2021 Opponent Previews : Oklahoma (Game 4) **

40 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Roulette wheel kept hitting red for 8 turns in a row. It was due! Poor college kid me ended up losing $150 bucks because it didn't hit black for 7 more turns... Nobody is ever due.

Well, Nebraska is due, past due, but being due doesn’t mean Jack squat. We’ve been due for 20+ years and we’ve seen what being due has wrought. We’ll get our due when we go out on the field and take it. Until then….

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

38-19 OU

Competing against Oklahoma at their level is going to be terribly difficult for us. With the way the O-line and special teams play has been performing. Our best hope is getting some good field position and capitalizing with a good enough running game to help the passing game work effectively. I fear we'll get pretty one dimensional. Perhaps a running game with the option gets going with some plays out of the bag of tricks and favorable field position. This defense is good and they can't continue to carry the load for this team as they do against this caliber of opponent. It's going to take more than Adrian and Samori on the offensive side to challenge. Anything can happen though. Maybe we'll see some successful wrinkles they've been saving. I'd like a clean game with few errors and big big effort. 

Is OUs front 7 that good? It sure seems that the past several years they just try to outscore teams because their defense can’t consistently get stops. If that’s the case again this year, Nebraska might have some success moving the ball. Plus OU hasn’t play a qb as athletically gifted as Martinez yet. Not saying Nebraska wins, but they may make it more of a game then people expect 

• Plus1 4

The fact Tulane gave them a run for their money leaves me hope.  If there defense isn't very good like some say then I don't see how we don't stick with them.  I have a feeling Frost will have some new wrinkle he has been saving for this game.  Much like he did for Ohio St.  Not saying they are going to come out in the I-formation but maybe we see more of the option they have been running and some passes off of it.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

The fact Tulane gave them a run for their money leaves me hope.  If there defense isn't very good like some say then I don't see how we don't stick with them.  I have a feeling Frost will have some new wrinkle he has been saving for this game.  Much like he did for Ohio St.  Not saying they are going to come out in the I-formation but maybe we see more of the option they have been running and some passes off of it.

It sort of does for me also but then again it was week 1.  They then destroyed Western Carolina 76-0 on Saturday.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Hey they came out in the I last weekend and punched it in for a TD

14 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Hold up. Tulane is easily the best CFB team in Louisiana. That happens to them every now and then