** 2021 Opponent Previews : @ Michigan State (Game 5) **

MSU started out the gate hot. Good for them.

Last year Iowa started out the gate awful.  We know what eventually happened.

Miami,Fla is really bad.  Nowhere near Oklahoma competition. Nowhere near the same playing level as the Sooners.

I saw more out of NU vs OU to tell me the Huskers are ready to go.

No disrespect to Sparty, and an evening game...But the Huskers will leave with a win.  Close, back and forth, doesn't matter.

• Plus1 5
5 hours ago, admo said:

Miami,Fla is really bad.  Nowhere near Oklahoma competition. Nowhere near the same playing level as the Sooners.

No disrespect to Sparty, and an evening game...But the Huskers will leave with a win.  Close, back and forth, doesn't matter.

I wouldn’t underestimate MSU. They’re very well coached and play sound fundamentally. They don’t make a lot of mistakes. We’re gonna have to pull out all the stops from here on out to put our guys in a position to win.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad MSU is ranked.  There was a time I rooted for every NU team we played that year as I wanted our win against them to look really good.  1995 turned out perfectly as CU, KU, and KSU all round robin'ed each other for the unprecedented 4 in top 10 finish that year.

We're in a different NU era, I get it.  But optics and perception on beating a ranked team on the road can't be overstated as excellent for our program right now.

13 hours ago, admo said:

Good summary.  The two possible outcomes I see are a 4-6 point Husker win, or we really start to click and win by 14-17 (probably a little far fetched though I admit)

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, FTW said:

I wouldn’t underestimate MSU. They’re very well coached and play sound fundamentally. They don’t make a lot of mistakes. We’re gonna have to pull out all the stops from here on out to put our guys in a position to win.

I don't underestimate MSU.  I give them credit.  They've played surprisingly well and look to go 4-0.  It's a night game, they are ranked, and we have kicking issues.  MSU is still just favored by 4, and the Huskers are going in as underdogs.  

Having said that...

MSU has not played a defense like Nebraska.  The Huskers D has not given up more than 21 points in 4 games, including a road game against #3 OU.  

The Huskers offense is putting up big chunk plays in every game.  I believe we have a few more play makers on offense than they do.  And when some plays break down, AMart is very dangerous running and making plays.

It should be a close game that comes down to the 4th quarter.  I see Huskers winning 28-20.

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good summary.  The two possible outcomes I see are a 4-6 point Husker win, or we really start to click and win by 14-17 (probably a little far fetched though I admit)

I agree our offense is on the verge of scoring a lot of points.  This could be that game, but if not, it will happen soon.

• Plus1 1

@Mavric - I rewatched that entire game last night from YouTube. Only took about 20 minutes using the 'quick forward' option to fast forward through all the standing around.

Taylor was a head case throwing the ball in that game. Three interceptions, with one of them being one of the worst looking INTs you can throw. Another would have been a 95 yard pick six, but they committed a personal foul that put the ball back roughly where the spot of the foul was that saved us.

It is insane how much smarter Adrian is with the ball when he's throwing it than Taylor was that season.

But that game winning pass was epic. 

• Plus1 2