12-Team Playoff On the Way; 14-Team to Follow

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

Did they somehow figure out how to "force" Notre Dame into a conference and if so, which one? Might Notre Dame give the middle to both the B1G & SEC and join the Big 12? Doing so (the middle finger) would be a huge boost to either the Big 12 or ACC. Likely "not" happening but still.... fireworks baby! FIREWORKS!!!

1 minute ago, Loebarth said:

Did they somehow figure out how to "force" Notre Dame into a conference and if so, which one? Might Notre Dame give the middle to both the B1G & SEC and join the Big 12? Doing so (the middle finger) would be a huge boost to either the Big 12 or ACC. Likely "not" happening but still.... fireworks baby! FIREWORKS!!!

Possibly.  But, if I were the Big Ten, I would be making a phone call.

so far so fine…I don’t even want to pay attention to it until 2030. 
I’ll be 53 by then. 

back story….got into a heated argument on the way to the Mich v N game when Robinson was their QB.  So quite a while ago. We won that game when Robinson got hurt. I think Pelini was the coach. 
my dad and brother were on the side of paying players, playoffs, “who cares bowl games” etc…

got 3 more sentences from physical. Stopped for gas in York from Denver and we all cooled off. I maintained college football specifically would never be the same…errrrr ummmm 
now they kinda are like…all the NIL, playoff stuff, 4-8-12,, playoff stuff progression. They see it now.  

you know what, doesn’t even matter. The 120 yrs of college pageantry is gone and the regional rivalries has been gone and the idea of conferences is gone and the important bowl games are gone.  Everything that kinda sorta mattered is gone. 
it’s new and it’s exciting and it’ll move on. But the tradition is gone.  And that stings to me. 

whatever comes next just won’t have the same feeling to me. Win or lose. Success or failure. The feeling of doing of we do and the way way we do it is gone. 
I hope we win a lot and get to bowls and compete. Hit it just doesn’t feel the same if we don’t beat OU and CU and Iowa,-‘and KState and Wisc. Instead we gotta beat USC and Oregon and and Washington. Just weird and sad 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

How in the world did they mess this up so bad that they aren't doing 8 and aren't considering 16? Morons.

They are working really hard at screwing this up.

9 hours ago, Madcows said:

Because they want to reward top seeds with a bye, you can't do that with 8 or 16

Which is stupid.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, I am I said:

so far so fine…I don’t even want to pay attention to it until 2030. 
I’ll be 53 by then. 

back story….got into a heated argument on the way to the Mich v N game when Robinson was their QB.  So quite a while ago. We won that game when Robinson got hurt. I think Pelini was the coach. 
my dad and brother were on the side of paying players, playoffs, “who cares bowl games” etc…

got 3 more sentences from physical. Stopped for gas in York from Denver and we all cooled off. I maintained college football specifically would never be the same…errrrr ummmm 
now they kinda are like…all the NIL, playoff stuff, 4-8-12,, playoff stuff progression. They see it now.  

you know what, doesn’t even matter. The 120 yrs of college pageantry is gone and the regional rivalries has been gone and the idea of conferences is gone and the important bowl games are gone.  Everything that kinda sorta mattered is gone. 
it’s new and it’s exciting and it’ll move on. But the tradition is gone.  And that stings to me. 

whatever comes next just won’t have the same feeling to me. Win or lose. Success or failure. The feeling of doing of we do and the way way we do it is gone. 
I hope we win a lot and get to bowls and compete. Hit it just doesn’t feel the same if we don’t beat OU and CU and Iowa,-‘and KState and Wisc. Instead we gotta beat USC and Oregon and and Washington. Just weird and sad 

100% agree with the bolded part.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to 12-Team Playoff On the Way; 14-Team to Follow