Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not going to research it.  But, contracts like this are common and this stuff is typically spelled out in the contract when the person is hired.

Pertaining to the contract itself, I won’t argue. The announcement, no “retirement” press conference, no thank you for your service, nothing from coaches, and vague response about future vision.@Dr. Strangelove has a point that this wreaks of something not good. Not doom and gloom bad, but the lack of transparency comes off like weak leadership without direction.

Not going too far down the rabbit hole, make me wonder if Moos was too much backbone for the B1G and his dissenting vote(s) put pressure on NU to make a change. Wonder if Moos was ready to actually lead something last fall or if he got whipped back in-line. 

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2

What is disappointing is we haven't seemed to learn from our mistakes. 

Have someone in the WINGS BEFORE you FIRE someone- unless said firee is causing harm to others. Disappointing. 

Have no problem with replacing Moos if he is AWOL- but have someone in the wings, committed and ready to replace him.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you have a problem with any of his actions towards the Big Ten?

From outside looking in and for the little that I know, I do not. If there is more info out there than what I’m privy to, that could alter my opinion. I liked Moos, I met him twice and I enjoyed my conversations with him and his wife.

Am I wrong for wondering what’s going on now that we’ve had sudden departures of Bounds and now Moos? It just doesn’t sit right. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, kchusker_chris said:

...others are trying to brush this off as business-as-usual...which unfortunately for Nebraska it is becoming.

It's common for Nebraska because it's common in college athletes nation wide.  We are not unique in this....as much as people want to think we are.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Pertaining to the contract itself, I won’t argue. The announcement, no “retirement” press conference, no thank you for your service, nothing from coaches, and vague response about future vision.@Dr. Strangelove has a point that this wreaks of something not good. Not doom and gloom bad, but the lack of transparency comes off like weak leadership without direction.

Not going too far down the rabbit hole, make me wonder if Moos was too much backbone for the B1G and his dissenting vote(s) put pressure on NU to make a change. Wonder if Moos was ready to actually lead something last fall or if he got whipped back in-line. 

Good Lord people....a 70 year old AD retired.  He wanted to wait till the end of his contract, but was asked to retire early.  Do you realize how often that happens in every day life in companies all over?  It's not a scandal.  It's not cause for alarm.  It's not an indication of some deep horrible condition of the AD department.

A 70 year old retired.  That shouldn't be this big of news.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

What is disappointing is we haven't seemed to learn from our mistakes. 

Have someone in the WINGS BEFORE you FIRE someone- unless said firee is causing harm to others. Disappointing. 

Have no problem with replacing Moos if he is AWOL- but have someone in the wings, committed and ready to replace him.

I figured with the sudden nature of his "retirement" they would have somebody to fill the job this week. After all, we've been down this road a few times. The only thing I can figure is they wanted him out and it needed to be before the end of the fiscal year. But once again we are in search mode with the job vacant.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good Lord people....a 70 year old AD retired.  He wanted to wait till the end of his contract, but was asked to retire early.  Do you realize how often that happens in every day life in companies all over?  It's not a scandal.  It's not cause for alarm.  It's not an indication of some deep horrible condition of the AD department.

If there's no announcement soon, there's an issue. Upcoming retirement or not, Moos isn't told to go now, leaving the AD position vacant for an unknown amount of time, without an issue. 

If they don't announce a new AD within the next few days that means there's a reason Moos had to go. That reason could be anything from a performance issue to a health issue.  There's good reason to be curious about all of this.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If there's no announcement soon, there's an issue. Upcoming retirement or not, Moos isn't told to go now, leaving the AD position vacant for an unknown amount of time, without an issue. 

If they don't announce a new AD within the next few days that means there's a reason Moos had to go. That reason could be anything from a performance issue to a health issue.  There's good reason to be curious about all of this.

The position isn't vacant.  There is an interim AD.....one of which has been basically doing the job for a while now.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the replacement.

AND....I have no doubt that he was asked to retire earlier than he wished.  Again....like I said earlier.....that's not an indication of some horrible condition in the AD office.

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know a 72 year old hanging on until his company tells him it’s time to go, so I do understand your point. 

I’m just speculating at this point and If this program didnt have a track record of instability or turmoil, then my opinion would be different. You could very well be correct, and I’m hoping that’s the case.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The position isn't vacant.  There is an interim AD.....one of which has been basically doing the job for a while now.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the replacement.

AND....I have no doubt that he was asked to retire earlier than he wished.  Again....like I said earlier.....that's not an indication of some horrible condition in the AD office.

The position is vacant, let's not parse words. 

I also never said there was anything "horrible." We can't really determine that yet, can we? 

If there's an announcement of a new AD soon, this was all because their candidate was ready now and Moos was already going to retire. But without that announcement, there's something else going on. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I’m just speculating at this point and If this program didnt have a track record of instability or turmoil, then my opinion would be different. You could very well be correct, and I’m hoping that’s the case.

I think there's enough truth to this that speculation is warranted. 

Maybe it turns out to be nothing. But we can't decide that with what we know right now. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

The position is vacant, let's not parse words. 

I also never said there was anything "horrible." We can't really determine that yet, can we? 

If there's an announcement of a new AD soon, this was all because their candidate was ready now and Moos was already going to retire. But without that announcement, there's something else going on. 

You said earlier that if there's not an announcement in the next few days, then theirs an indication that something was happening that Moos had to go.  Yep.....I'm pretty sure we already know that.  He's 70 years old and probably didn't have the energy to do the job as it was intended.  I didn't think that probably was still in question with all of the talk about him spending so much time at his ranch.