Bill Moos Out As AD at Nebraska

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's my top choice as of now.

But...hey....I had no clue who bill Moos was before we hired him.

I just don't want someone to come in and think they need to completely change everything to "leave their stamp on it".....like, Steve...."  OK, I won't say the name.

But, that is my fear.

Exactly. If they bring in a complete outsider (which I don’t think is even a possibility) it will be time to find a new team to support.

• Haha 2

University of Nebraska Athletic Director Bill Moos announced today that he will retire from his position effective June 30, 2021. Moos has led the Nebraska Athletic Department since October of 2017, and will conclude a 40-year career in collegiate athletics, including more than 25 years as a Division I athletic director.

"To understand just how special Nebraska is, you need to spend time here, meet our people, visit our cities and towns and sit in Memorial Stadium in a sea of red on a Saturday afternoon in the fall," Moos said. "I step away completely content, knowing that our athletic program is reborn and rebuilt and that it has a solid, stable foundation."

https://huskers.com/news/2021/6/25/athletics-moos-to-retire-from-athletic-director-position.aspx

What a morning to be driving around instead of at my desk. Here are my thoughts on Moos:

- He seemed like a good guy and was always quick to touch base with the media and other outlets, which can’t be said for Eichorst

- He hired 2 guys who in Frost and Hoiberg who were universally lauded by the fans, and 2 more coaches in Bolt and Williams who look to be good hires so far

- I don’t know if there was a power struggle with Frost, but it’s not uncommon for the football coach at key universities to have more “power” than the AD, regardless if people think Frost has or hasn’t earned that right yet. 

• Plus1 5

19 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

is this going to affect recruiting?  I could see coaches telling kids not to go to Nebraska because new ADs always hire their own coach so Frost won't be around next year.

I’d say it depends on who gets hired and how long it takes.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, Bill Moos was an outsider...before he was in insider.

It's just more of a crap shoot on if it's a good fit or not.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You would actually turn your back on your alma mater and not support them anymore, just over the AD?  That’s weird. 

No. They haven’t shaken me lose in the last 20 years so obviously that is not an option. My point was that Pederson caused incalculable damage to this program. We do not need another deal like that.

Moos was an outsider and I kind of liked him. But his bosses apparently made it clear what he could and could not do as regards the football team and coach. As long as somebody is making sure we don’t go down the Pederson/Callahan road again, Im good.

• Plus1 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

No. They haven’t shaken me lose in the last 20 years so obviously that is not an option. My point was that Pederson caused incalculable damage to this program. We do not need another deal like that.

Moos was an outsider and I kind of liked him. But his bosses apparently made it clear what he could and could not do as regards the football team and coach. As long as somebody is making sure we don’t go down the Pederson/Callahan road again, Im good.

Pederson was an insider though... 

• Plus1 7