So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

9 hours ago, Bledred said:

When offered a 70 million a year deal you take it.  You however do not say...."nah, we don't want to lose our 15 million in home game revenue from OOC games".   This is an either or issue. 

I think you are assuming it's an either or deal.  No way that is the case.  You only need each team to schedule one OOC game against P5 to satisfy the TV slot.  That would be 4-5 games per week during the first 3 weeks.  Your big name programs will not sacrifice the 7th home game and they won't be asked to.  

• Plus1 3

37 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

so what did it say?  I don't have a paid subscription 

He is an advisor for several conferences and individual institutions.  Basically just talked about some stuff he has done, some pro bono work to avoid conflict of interest, etc.  Nothing groundbreaking imo.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

so what did it say?  I don't have a paid subscription 

That he is lining his pockets consulting with the ACC and PAC12 on conference expansion. Whether he is helping the Big10 seems to be uncertain. Nevermind...

Just now, nic said:

That he is lining his pockets consulting with the ACC and PAC12 on conference expansion. Whether he is helping the Big10 seems to be uncertain. 

Well, I hope he gives ole Sleeplessatthewheel Warren some tips on conference expansion.    Although I still doubt the wisdom of Rutgers - seems there could of been other TV sets he could have gone after instead of Rutgers.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Well, I hope he gives ole Sleeplessatthewheel Warren some tips on conference expansion.    Although I still doubt the wisdom of Rutgers - seems there could of been other TV sets he could have gone after instead of Rutgers.

Yes. Warren should take notes. If I remember right, I thought the ACC was making overtures to PSU and PSU was feeling isolated during the Sandusky revelations. Part of Maryland/Rutgers was to cut off the ACC expansion and give PSU some company. It would have been better to do that with Syracuse or Pittsburgh instead of Rutgers in my opinion,  but I guess that is where the TV set argument came in.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

Yes. Warren should take notes. I

Cmon give the guy a break- it was COVID= no one else had to deal with COVID. The guy is infallible- the Ivy league son of a Dr. Mr Underprivledged had a tough life to overcome.  He was perfect- our season should have been permanently cancelled as Mr Warren is "all about the kids". His own kid played, but the BIG is a much more contagious conference= and Mr Warren was all about protecting them. Hes done an amazing job so far- no one could have done what he did- hes amazing, deserves a raise and an extension. Also he LOVES baseball- his actions just don't show it at all- give him time. Warren puts that Sankey guy to shame. 

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Roughly speaking, yes.  80,000 tickets at $60 each is $4.8M.

And some people wonder why some pencil pushing accountant in the AD office brought up the idea of cancelling OU to get another home game. (I don't agree with cancelling just saying the reason was strictly financial as Mav's math points out). 

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

And some people wonder why some pencil pushing accountant in the AD office brought up the idea of cancelling OU to get another home game. (I don't agree with cancelling just saying the reason was strictly financial as Mav's math points out). 

Who actually pushes a pencil to write? It's pretty much a pull motion, what fiend came up with that saying?

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Who actually pushes a pencil to write? It's pretty much a pull motion, what fiend came up with that saying?

pen·cil push·er
/ˈpensəlˌpo͝oSHər/

noun
informalNorth American
noun: pencil-pusher; plural noun: pencil-pushers; noun: pencil pusher; plural noun: pencil pushers
  1. a person with a clerical job involving a lot of tedious and repetitive paperwork.
    "no way he was going to let those pencil pushers from accounting pity him"

pencil pusher

noun

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

Definition of pencil pusher

: a person who does predominantly paperwork

First Known Use of pencil pusher

1881, in the meaning defined above

:D

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2