Updated Face Covering Policy In Effect Through September 30

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I see this having just as big of impact in ending the sell out streak as fan apathy.  There will be a lot of people who a) don't go because they don't feel safe and b) are so sick and tired of masks that they just want to stay home and watch.

Especially if it’s hot as heck outside.  I’ve already decided that at least for the next month, I’m masking outside at athletic events—if I even go.   People yelling, cheering and launching their Covid.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I see this having just as big of impact in ending the sell out streak as fan apathy.  There will be a lot of people who a) don't go because they don't feel safe and b) are so sick and tired of masks that they just want to stay home and watch.

I think all the tickets have already been sold. Attendance is not the same as selling out the seats.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Especially if it’s hot as heck outside.  I’ve already decided that at least for the next month, I’m masking outside at athletic events—if I even go.   People yelling, cheering and launching their Covid.  

I know that this has been debated ad infinitum, but, if you are worried about the countless unmasked folks around you, you should not go. Wearing a mask does very little to prevent contracting Covid yourself.

Wearing the mask is about protecting others. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

As long as people are aware of the actual policy, b) shouldn’t be a factor. The only place masks are required are the elevators. They're only recommended everywhere else.

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I know that this has been debated ad infinitum, but, if you are worried about the countless unmasked folks around you, you should not go. Wearing a mask does very little to prevent contracting Covid yourself.

Wearing the mask is about protecting others. 

A properly worn mask(s) is more effective than you think.  Especially if you double up.  Surgical mask under a cloth mask.  But, not if it’s 95.  I’ll stay home in the AC.  But in any case, as I stated, I’m not sure I will want to even go with the rising numbers.  

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Maybe it’s just me but I am over wearing a mask. Anywhere it is required will be a place I don’t go. I wore a mask religiously, was down for about 5 weeks with Covid in March/April, am now fully vaccinated and will be getting a booster in the next month or two. I am not concerned at all about Covid at this point. If it gets me again, it gets me again. The very last thing I would do is go to a game in 90 degree heat and wear a mask.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

10 minutes ago, ThroughTheseGates said:

As long as people are aware of the actual policy, b) shouldn’t be a factor. The only place masks are required are the elevators. They're only recommended everywhere else.

There will be an issue where the less of a problem b) is, the more of a problem a) will be. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

A properly worn mask(s) is more effective than you think.  Especially if you double up.  Surgical mask under a cloth mask.  But, not if it’s 95.  I’ll stay home in the AC.  But in any case, as I stated, I’m not sure I will want to even go with the rising numbers.  

Got it. Hopefully we won't have to make those choices when Northwestern and Michigan come to town. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ThroughTheseGates said:

Not sure I agree. People who are that concerned about COVID likely aren’t going to a game whether mask mandates are in place or not.

Eh, I would be more likely to go if I knew the people around me would be masked. But you're right, the people it's a complete dealbreaker for probably aren't going anyway. Definitely not considering an early season game since I would wear a mask and as others have pointed out 90+ and humid is miserable normally, gonna be brutal with a mask.