Who do we hire?

2 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

We can beat everyone, It's football, it's 11 games left. We can go 11-1, or 0-12. I don't know who we are beating but we still can have a winning season.

is it more likely we win 6 games or lose 7? The truth is if we win like we should this week and next week we really dont know who we are for a month from now. If we see clean football the next two weeks it might change my mind. I just want to see us bury a team like Fordham like we should. If we dont well....yucky. 

• Plus1 4
Just now, hskrfan4life said:

We can beat everyone, It's football, it's 11 games left. We can go 11-1, or 0-12. I don't know who we are beating but we still can have a winning season.

I love your enthusiasm, but history is prologue and we now have 3+ years of evidence that disproves this possibility.  Self-destruction during games is not the result of talent, weight-training, or nutrition deficiencies, but rather the result of poor instruction which is unalterable with this current staff of personnel.  

This staff has 15 months remaining.  Let's thank them for their service, but begin to think about what the future might look like.

• Plus1 3
On 8/28/2021 at 3:08 PM, Shadow_Husker said:

Probably an unpopular choice but he did good at LSU, les miles, Mark mangino 

I said from the very start when Scott was hired that it would take 5 yrs to turn this program 

around if i were the A D i would give him 2 more years

however because of impatient people like you then if he does not go 6-6 and get to a bowl

then he will be fired at the END OF THIS SEASON we will then be paying him for the next 3-4 yrs

after losing so much money last year Iam not sure we can afford it

Scott reminds me of Bill Jennings he has the player talent but not very good coaches

Best case scenario for us is extremely unlikely, but that's Frost finds some way to pull his head out of his a$$ and learns how to be a P5 coach and ends with a bowl bid...

Realistically if I were Trev here's what I'd do:

-Put as much money as I can possibly find in a dump truck and personally drive it to Matt Campbell's house. Continue to dump trucks worth of cash in his lawn until he says yes.

-Repeat that with Fickell but maybe not quite as many dump trucks.

Worthy options for us:

Jamey Chadwell

Billy Napier

Kalen DeBoer

Justin Wilcox

Jim Leonhard

4 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

If the downhill slide continues and certain things are in fact true, would you favor the inevitable “negotiations “ happen sooner rather than later?  Finish out the season with an interim HC?

Hey if the shoe fits why wait? No sense in dragging things out if either A) Frost doesn’t want to continue which is what a lot of media and fans seem to think since we’re now all body language experts or B) Trev has someone else on his short list that he wants now and can guarantee the opening with Chinander as interim AD. 

Worst case scenario, Chins turns the season around unexpectedly and it turns into a 2003/Bo Pelini situation again.

8 hours ago, Danimal said:

He won in a tough situation at PSU and had a winning record in the NFL. He's currently the OC for the most successful HC of the modern college era, which will certainly be a learning experience. He'd be a good get. 

He would be perfect. A real big ten coach

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Patrick OBrien said:

I said from the very start when Scott was hired that it would take 5 yrs to turn this program 

however because of impatient people like you then if he does not go 6-6 and get to a bowl

then he will be fired at the END OF THIS SEASON we will then be paying him for the next 3-4 yrs

Scott reminds me of Bill Jennings he has the player talent but not very good coaches

What, in your opinion, is currently trending in the right direction under Frost?

What do you see that warrants keeping him on for another season? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, Patrick OBrien said:

What have you seen in 3+ years to believe a 5th year is the magic one? We have seen zero progress. In all actuality we have seen the offense get worse the longer Frost is here. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What, in your opinion, is currently trending in the right direction under Frost?

What do you see that warrants keeping him on for another season? 

Right. If you are seeing little to no improvement in minute details, what would a 5th year do to change this. It doesn't take 5 years to see even marginal improvements.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Right. If you are seeing little to no improvement in minute details, what would a 5th year do to change this. It doesn't take 5 years to see even marginal improvements.

Year 3 is supposed to be the year that you see a coach turn it around if they are going to. We gave him the benefit of COVID year and followed it up with starting year 4 identical to year 1-3. 

• Plus1 3
On 8/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, commando said:

we could hire a class C nebraska high school coach and not step back any   

On 8/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, commando said:

we could hire a class C nebraska high school coach and not step back any   

The problem I see is a gradual decline in discipline. It has gotten worse year after year. We just need a couple "Charlie McBide" types to instile discipline. At this time we have none! In the Navy we would refer to this as the tail is wagging the dog! Of course that won't work if the head coach is anti discipline, HMMMMM. Maybe...too much Kumbya is not good? Or maybe Scott could learn to play the guitar at half time!!!!

2 minutes ago, JMC said:

The problem I see is a gradual decline in discipline. It has gotten worse year after year. We just need a couple "Charlie McBide" types to instile discipline. At this time we have none! In the Navy we would refer to this as the tail is wagging the dog! Of course that won't work if the head coach is anti discipline, HMMMMM. Maybe...too much Kumbya is not good? Or maybe Scott could learn to play the guitar at half time!!!!

That would be the most impressive thing he has done at NU so far if he played a halftime show. Might as well since we havent figured out how to make good halftime adjustments in 4 years. 

16 minutes ago, JMC said:

???