Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get it, I do, but they practice in the morning and do pressers right after at like 11am.

And what is the difference if you show up at 6am and leave at 5pm, or show up at noon and leave 11pm.

Either way, this is what happens when fans start to get upset, everything becomes a big deal.  But I think there is only about 3 more months of this and then a coaching search. 

I'm not about that "football coach lifestyle", working and sleeping in your office. But.....when you're 12-21, you're not putting enough time in at the office. When you can't adjust your gameplan to do something as simple as blocking an even front, you're not putting enough time in at the office....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm not about that "football coach lifestyle", working and sleeping in your office. But.....when you're 12-21, you're not putting enough time in at the office. When you can't adjust your gameplan to do something as simple as blocking an even front, you're not putting enough time in at the office....

I don't even think it is about the time, I think they just are not good coaches.  

With HUDL or any of the programs anymore, all the annoying work is done for you (by GA's) all the tendencies, formations, down/distance, that is all right there by Sunday morning.  And you can watch it and pull it up anywhere.

These guys could work 150 hours a week and I think the results would be the same.  I think they are just duds when they don't have the best players on the field.

• Fire 2

Please, for the love of everything good and holy, Scott...teach three guys (one punt returner and two kickoff returners) when to catch the ball and when to call a fair catch and let the ball bounce.

Losing my mind here thinking about Frost getting fired and looking back on things as simple and as stupid as these being what defines his legacy here.

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

My take on things from my post isn't from hearing anything from anyone, it's solely based off my own opinion from things I have seen from him on TV and other video posts. After UCF beat USF to remain unbeaten and the first thing the on field reporter asked him was if he was coming to Nebraska, I think his expression and body language to that, which was a completely unprofessional question to ask at the moment, said a lot. He was torn. It felt like he knew Nebraska needed him or at least needed him to give it a shot, but I dont think he wanted to leave UCF. I think he loved it there.

Add to it, since he has gotten here it seems like nothing has gone right and I just don't see how he is having any fun with this project.

Maybe we can switch coaches wt UCF!!  We'll take Gus  and they can have Scott back who won them their mystical national championship. :P

• Plus1 3

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get it, I do, but they practice in the morning and do pressers right after at like 11am.

And what is the difference if you show up at 6am and leave at 5pm, or show up at noon and leave 11pm.

Either way, this is what happens when fans start to get upset, everything becomes a big deal.  But I think there is only about 3 more months of this and then a coaching search. 

I doubt very seriously that Frost is showing up regularly around noon.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

If Scott's team looks woefully unprepared on Saturday, Trev's first question is 'How did Scott prepare for this game'. If Trev knows that Scott spent the summer showing up whenever he pleased, trust me it'll go over like a fart in a space suit. 

• Fire 1
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

If Scott's team looks woefully unprepared on Saturday, Trev's first question is 'How did Scott prepare for this game'. If Trev knows that Scott spent the summer showing up whenever he pleased, trust me it'll go over like a fart in a space suit. 

And pray tell, what is working 15 hours plus a day in the summer time going to accomplish?

Just now, soup said:

And pray tell, what is working 15 hours plus a day in the summer time going to accomplish?

Who says he needs to work 15 hours? Show up in the morning and put in a full days work. Maybe spend more time preparing for a 4 man front, because apparently that can be enough to f#&% up your offense.  Go listen to Trev talk about championship habits, it matters. I assure you guys like Saban and Dabo are putting in the work. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I doubt very seriously that Frost is showing up regularly around noon.

As do I. But there is a serious disconnect between what is apparently going on in practice and what is happening on the field. That, coupled with Frost's "half the playbook" and you don't have to have a crayon to start connecting some dots. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, soup said:

holy crap.  Some of you probably should actually listen to the full press conference and not just talking heads on the forum and twitter.  Yes, he said that they changed their front and that isn't what the planned out, but they did have contingences in place to go against a 4 man front, and they practiced it.  Just not as much as the 3 man front.  

And, the hell, with the showing up at noon thing?  That just sounds like sour grapes.  As many have stated, they have morning practice, and if he isn't showing up till noon. who is the guy that looks like Scott in all the practice videos?

To give Dumas the benefit of the doubt, maybe during the summer they didn't show up until Noon, but it is summer time.

Listen, Scott has not done the job we all have wanted him to do, but this piling on s#!t is getting old.

Thanks, because you posted this, I went back and watched it.  I didn't realize someone had posted it on here.  I honestly never heard him say, "half our game plan went out the window".  I heard him say he prepared for the even front with wide 9s and wide 5s but not as many reps as the odd front.

I'm as disappointed in Saturday as anyone.  But, the tone of the press conference is very different than what is being discussed on here.

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

As do I. But there is a serious disconnect between what is apparently going on in practice and what is happening on the field. That, coupled with Frost's "half the playbook" and you don't have to have a crayon to start connecting some dots. 

Did you listen to the press conference?  

39 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't even think it is about the time, I think they just are not good coaches.  

With HUDL or any of the programs anymore, all the annoying work is done for you (by GA's) all the tendencies, formations, down/distance, that is all right there by Sunday morning.  And you can watch it and pull it up anywhere.

These guys could work 150 hours a week and I think the results would be the same.  I think they are just duds when they don't have the best players on the field.

There's a large portion of this that is probably spot on. However, hard work can make up for a lot of deficiencies in talent. 

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did you listen to the press conference?  

Yes. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

When specifically did he say the "half the playbook...."?  EDIT.....i found it.    But, if you listen to the entire press conference, the comment isn't quite as bad as it's being portrayed to be.

I agree with you on the disconnect from practice to games.

Yeah that is getting blown up.

Frost is right, there are a lot of plays that you won't use during a game for a lot of different reasons.

• Plus1 2