Northwestern Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I admire Trev for supporting his head coach, but there is still a half a season left to play. It could do a few different ways.  

Dude, come on. You're looking and grasping for straws. You're better than that

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Grasping at straws? Dude, have you seen Frost's record at NU?  I'm not clamoring for Frost to be fired right now, but if he ends this season at 4-8 or 5-7 (which is still possible), history shows that Frost won't be a big winner at NU. If I was Trev, I would have that in my mind. 

Good thing you're not Trev 

• Plus1 4
13 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Find me one coach where the they have struggled for 4 years at one school and then all of a sudden improved significantly and was a long-term coach at that school. I'm just trying to be consistent. I said this under Riley, I will say this now for Frost. 

Riley never went 13-0 in a season in his career. He’s a poor coach and was a terrible fit for us. 

How about we enjoy one of the most dominant wins from a Husker team in a long time?  We all get the history and what is at stake. But when is the last time we looked this dominant where we can look to next week with real hope against a will-be top 10 (Michigan) squad?

Enjoy what happened Saturday. The D has played 5 straight good games. The O played lights out against the Wildcats. We kicked an 84 yard punt?! Culp made 8 extra points (seeing the ball go through that many times can not be overstated as value for a struggling kicker). 

One step at a time. Saturday was a big one. 

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 3

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Riley never went 13-0 in a season in his career. He’s a poor coach and was a terrible fit for us. 

How about we enjoy one of the most dominant wins from a Husker team in a long time?  We all get the history and what is at stake. But when is the last time we looked this dominant where we can look to next week with real hope against a will-be top 10 (Michigan) squad?

Enjoy what happened Saturday. The D has played 5 straight good games. The O played lights out against the Wildcats. We kicked an 84 yard punt?! Culp made 7 extra points (seeing the ball go through that many times can not be overstated as value for a struggling kicker). 

One step at a time. Saturday was a big one. 

Nov 23, 2019.

Granted, Iowa was only a top 15 team.

I’m hopeful, but also realize Frost and Co have been here before.  I’ll change expectations for the “big games” when they give me a reason to.

I’ll Watch anxiously, I’ll cheer, I’ll absolutely hope for success.  But acting like last night was the springboard to the 90’s is silly.  This team is currently .500.  I’m hoping they finish that way.

They will be in a dog fight next weekend. A fight they have a decent shot at winning OR losing.  If they win, my hopes are high (8-4); if they lose, I think everyone is just hoping for a bowl (6-6).  

My silver lining: they have a chance to win every game they play for the rest of the year.  My Debbie downer: there is zero history to believe they will.

Its going to be a fun 6 weeks!

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Nov 23, 2019.

I’m hopeful, but also realize Frost and Co have been here before.  I’ll change expectations for the “big games” when they give me a reason to.

I’ll Watch anxiously, I’ll cheer, I’ll absolutely hope for success.  But acting like last night was the springboard to the 90’s is silly.  This team is currently .500.  I’m hoping they finish that way.

They will be in a dog fight next weekend. A fight they have a decent shot at winning OR losing.  If they win, my hopes are high (8-4); if they lose, I think everyone is just hoping for a bowl (6-6).  

My silver lining: they have a chance to win every game they play for the rest of the year.  My Debbie downer: there is zero history to believe they will.

What makes last night so annoying is that it should be have a typical "this is lame" game until NU was hosting Michigan at night with both teams being top 15.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Nov 23, 2019.

Where did anyone say anything about springboard for the 90s?!?!?   You can be happy about a win without the expectation for a decade of dominance…..

I do think we do need to somewhat cool down but the fact is that even though we lost the last 2 games against ranked opponents.  At no point did they take us out to the shed.  We were in both of those games told we would loose, they also played those games at there house not ours.  And at no point did any of those games get out of hand.  Next saturday we play at our house, and though it will be harder it is not impossible.  Bring that same energy from yesterday to next saturday and we have a shot.  Scott knows his butt is on the line and i believe he has significantly had a look of disgust on his face after every game.  He doesnt want to seem happy he wants to be prepared and he wants to win.  He knows the stakes, he lives here and he went there.  

• Plus1 3