What assistants should we get rid of?

Say Frost is retained, yet TA forces his hand and he has to make staff changes... who needs to be shown the door?

• Mario Verduzco
  • Greg Austin
  • Ryan Held
  • Zach Duval

We also obviously need a special teams coach. With Orgeron leaving LSU, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Jake Peetz, Corey Raymond, & Mickey Joseph on our staff. All three Huskers; all three coaching for LSU instead of us. Unacceptable. This is the perfect time to snag all three.

The entire offensive staff minus Beckton and 1 LB coach. Then you break the bank on an OC/QB coach that actually challenges Frost and his scheme, you already have a RB coach in North Stadium who recruited and coached guys like Rex and Ameer. You already have your Special Teams Coordinator in North Stadium too in Busch who can also take over Recruiting Coordinator duties. Then go and get a guy who can recruit and develop WRs. Hell Keith Williams is still hanging out in Nebraska, Scott can just pick him up before work and take him home and stuff. Pay a million dollars for an OL coach if that is what it takes but get an old mean SOB. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Austin definitely, we've regressed too many times on the line. Probably Held, too, although possibly his one saving grace is that I'm not sure exactly how much the RBs are being held back by the line (though it's certainly a lot).

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

Austin definitely, we've regressed too many times on the line. Probably Held, too, although possibly his one saving grace is that I'm not sure exactly how much the RBs are being held back by the line (though it's certainly a lot).

What I don't like about Held is he has had 4 years to develop a RB, literally the easiest position to get on the field early. His talent evaluation concerns me more than anything. Breece Hall wanted to be a Husker...he was down a ways on our board even though several folks on here wanted him N. 

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What I don't like about Held is he has had 4 years to develop a RB, literally the easiest position to get on the field early. His talent evaluation concerns me more than anything.

On paper, RB recruiting has been fine - Morrison, Johnson, and Stepp were all 4* guys coming out of HS. But yeah, especially last year was alarming. We had Morrison and Johnson on the roster, but we're playing Wandale at RB?!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Toe said:

On paper, RB recruiting has been fine - Morrison, Johnson, and Stepp were all 4* guys coming out of HS. But yeah, especially last year was alarming. We had Morrison and Johnson on the roster, but we're playing Wandale at RB?!

The only RB on our roster that actually seems to feel lanes and have an adequate level of vision is Yant at this point. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I would add Rahmir to this list.  He's been a revelation this year and is someone you can build around going forward.

I could very well be wrong but Rahmir seems more like a the hole is supposed to be here I am going to run here more often than not. I may have some kind of bias to Yant. Not sure what it would be but it is possible. He just seems to have a higher ceiling to me. 

• Plus1 4

The bulk of the offensive staff needs to go, minimally Verduzco and Austin. You can make the argument for Held if you can get a good recruiter to replace him. I know lots of folks aren't high on Lubick but the changes we've seen since he's been here scheme-wise have been great. I'd be on board either way with him.

Bottom line we need a dedicated ST guy and need to break the bank when it comes to the rest of the replacements.

• Plus1 3