New Offensive Coordinator options?

Bottom line, with such a small class they should've focused on QUALITY, with maybe 2 or 3 spots going to high 3-star guys. They took the 3-star guys because realistically, that's all they could get. 

I see many people mentioning hiring co-OCs but you've gotta remember that you're only allowed to have so many coaches on staff. When you have two OCs you're taking a spot away from another focus group. 

I don't know if Frost offered Korn or not, maybe he did and he's waiting for a final decision? I'm losing optimism with each passing hour.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That, and it seems like we've been using the "small class" excuse every year for like 12 years now. :lol:

I thought we could oversign by 3 every year now?  Did that rule fall through?

Especially with the portal, when you're pretty much guaranteed to lose a few guys each year. I'm so sick of the excuses when it comes to recruiting. Recruiting is the lifeblood of the program and If you can't recruit, then hire guys who can. 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:45 AM, M.A. said:

Does this mean I might have to eat my socks! I'm trying, I'm really trying to give him an honest look. I'm just not seeing it aside from a Texas connection. Maybe there's an argument college head coaching wasn't his strong suit OC a better fit. 

Yes it does.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't understand that logic at all. Just because a class is small doesn't mean it can't still be highly-rated. Knowing this class is small, it should have been filled with primarily 4-star guys. Didn't happen. 

Our total points which add numbers plus * will not be high enough to warrant a top 30-40 class. Our number of athletes will be low enough to effect final rankings. A team that takes 23 players, most 3 stars with a few 4 stars will rank higher than a class of 14 that have 50% 4* and the rest 3 *. The extra 9 players will make a if difference. I agree that with low numbers, it would sure help with more 4* , but that isn’t easy at Nebraska and hasn’t been. A lot of SF 4* have flamed out, that is why you saw a shift in the type of player he began bringing in last year

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Bottom line, with such a small class they should've focused on QUALITY, with maybe 2 or 3 spots going to high 3-star guys. They took the 3-star guys because realistically, that's all they could get. 

I see many people mentioning hiring co-OCs but you've gotta remember that you're only allowed to have so many coaches on staff. When you have two OCs you're taking a spot away from another focus group. 

I don't know if Frost offered Korn or not, maybe he did and he's waiting for a final decision? I'm losing optimism with each passing hour.

I say it's more likely several have been interviewed and the selection has been made recently or soon will be. I'm finding it real hard to think of Davis coming in to be OC. Maybe. It makes more sense to me for OL/Run game coordinator. You'd still have a ST spot open that way in addition to Beckton and the OC.

How much are we going to be throwing the ball for Mickey Joseph being here...I suppose Davis could adjust his scheme and mesh it somehow. Still not making sense to me...

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

So Musgrave, Harrell, Davis or Korn at this point?   Just putting bits and pieces together...

The guys who Tweeted that Husker fans should "stay up late" also mentioned the Pitt & Wake OCs in their article. Musgrave and Harrell would be absolutely terrible. After watching Wake last night, I question how effective Ruggiero's scheme would be in the B1G. I'm hoping for Korn at this point. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It’ll be fairly obvious if we struck out on our first choices. If it’s a guy like Korn, and he was our first choice, it would have been announced 10 days ago. 

Yeah, I'm holding out hope that perhaps Korn told him, "I need to talk it over with my family" etc. and Frost gave him a deadline. But if he said no, then what? 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The guys who Tweeted that Husker fans should "stay up late" also mentioned the Pitt & Wake OCs in their article. Musgrave and Harrell would be absolutely terrible. After watching Wake last night, I question how effective Ruggiero's scheme would be in the B1G. I'm hoping for Korn at this point. 

The Wake Forest scheme doesn't necessarily concern me only that there'd be some time bringing it up to speed, the implementation of it. The aim's for quick results. Is that really reasonable to expect with it? 

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Probably so, but I'd still be fairly excited for the hire. I like Coast Carolina's offense.

I would like it too, wish they would just pull the trigger if that’s the case. Feels like we might be being used by guys like Harrell and Zak Hill to get more money from their intended destination. If Korn is on your finalist list, just reel him in. 

• Fire 1