DB Caleb Benning

seaofred92

To which school will Benning commit?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Benning commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Kansas State
    • Iowa State
    • North Dakota State
    • UConn

This poll is closed to new votes

On today’s Benning Bites Damon talked about how NE recruits need to be careful going out of state as it may not be automatic that Rhule would take them, depending on how recruiting well. It felt like he was referring to Hall, but maybe was inferring Caleb as well? I hope both sides feel it’s a fit and we get Benning. From previous Damon comments it feels like Wisconsin impressed Caleb a lot. 

1 hour ago, SW MO Huskerfan said:

On today’s Benning Bites Damon talked about how NE recruits need to be careful going out of state as it may not be automatic that Rhule would take them, depending on how recruiting well. It felt like he was referring to Hall, but maybe was inferring Caleb as well? I hope both sides feel it’s a fit and we get Benning. From previous Damon comments it feels like Wisconsin impressed Caleb a lot. 

Could also be referring to past recruits who left already for that matter. Woods & Dickerson still haven't found landing spots yet. 

If Caleb has an offer, he surely long ago knew whether he would be N.  He probably feels like not falling in his father’s shadow.  

Not sure what Damon wants but he may feel

it is Caleb’s decision.  Kid should be given the latitude to choose freely.  I think he’d thrive in Lincoln.  He may never be a starter but can have a rewarding Husker career experience nonetheless.  Much like his father. GBR!

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

If Caleb has an offer, he surely long ago knew whether he would be N.  He probably feels like not falling in his father’s shadow.  

Not sure what Damon wants but he may feel

it is Caleb’s decision.  Kid should be given the latitude to choose freely.  I think he’d thrive in Lincoln.  He may never be a starter but can have a rewarding Husker career experience nonetheless.  Much like his father. GBR!

Just a guess on my part but I think Caleb wants to enjoy the process and get some schools to all make him feel like they want him.  Which is fine.  But the Husker staff isn't waiting around for that so he probably won't have a spot.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

17 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

With Sanders it appears he is left out?

I think so but nobody knows the exact number of kids that Nebraska will officially take.  I just think that DB's heart isn't set on going to Nebraska like Kaelin's is.  I know he is a legacy recruit but it feels like he is looking to go outside of the state.  Time will tell with him and Nebraska.

• Mavric changed the title to DB Caleb Benning
  • Mavric pinned this topic