New Staff Selection

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Gonna be a little dicey five days before signing day but I would rather go all in on portal guys & get a dude who is the right fit then get a s#!tter coach because we wanted to do this ASAP. This is do or die. 

The portal so far has been kind to us. 

I thought why take on someone else’s junk, but there are some benefits. The portal will totally change recruiting. 

Is it possible that the delay is that TA decided to fire Frost and the search has changed? 

Just speculation, but is it possible new information about Frost’s ineptness was shared last week by the departing players? 

it’s also weird to me to name MJ before an OC, and associate head coach was added to his title. 

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Is it possible that the delay is that TA decided to fire Frost and the search has changed? 

Just speculation, but is it possible new information about Frost’s ineptness was shared last week by the departing players? 

it’s also weird to me to name MJ before an OC, and associate head coach was added to his title. 

OK, if that's the case, why isn't Frost fired yet?

So, the answer is....no.

• Plus1 5

Graham Harrell interests me. I think he could blend some of his concepts with some of Frost's. He's willing to run the ball more than any of the other Leach disciples. I think Rahmir would fit into his offense well. I think he would be able to get us a portal QB.  I think MJ with Betts and Omar in his room pair well with him. He's been a power 5 play-caller and has had some solid offenses, also taken his lumps. 

You guys can boot me from the board now. 

• Haha 7
5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Graham Harrell interests me. I think he could blend some of his concepts with some of Frost's. He's willing to run the ball more than any of the other Leach disciples. I think Rahmir would fit into his offense well. I think he would be able to get us a portal QB.  I think MJ with Betts and Omar in his room pair well with him. He's been a power 5 play-caller and has had some solid offenses, also taken his lumps. 

You guys can boot me from the board now. 

We can still be friends Frantz, but Harrell should be our Plan G if it were me. :)

14 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I doubt he leaves a team playing in the Rose Bowl with a coach not close to the hot seat for much rougher waters. I’d love this hire, but seems like a pipe dream. 

It is a risk but also high-reward. If he comes here and is successful he's immediately in line for top jobs as a head coach. That is difficult in this current position. If successful, and that is a big if, Nebraska has a much more high-profile job in a superior conference.  

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, if that's the case, why isn't Frost fired yet?

So, the answer is....no.

Why is there no legitimate “smoke” about a hire 

Why would a position coach be hired before an OC   And be named associate head coach. 

why would the AD stop what he’s doing and give priority to exiting players? Which we all knew were exiting. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

That would make the job really appealing. 

"I told the last guy I wasn't going to fire him and then changed my mind. I promise I won't do that to you. Do you want the job?"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Why would a position coach be hired before an OC   And be named associate head coach. 

why would the AD stop what he’s doing and give priority to exiting players? Which we all knew were exiting. 

You do know the difference between those, right?

• Haha 1

Here's the only logical direction.  MJ is passing game coordinator...so that should eliminate any OC that is pass heavy or has a heavy strength in knowledge in passing concepts/route combinations, etc...they will likely hire a guy who is a run heavy guy or a guy who's philosophy is more of a run first guy...i.e. army's oc, Utahs oc, UTSAs oc, coastals oc, North Texas oc...or someone like that.

If they have MJ as passing game coordinator and then bring in an air raid guy, that's idiotic.

Now that I've thought this through...I could see this happening.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
37 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

They’re oddities. 

enlighten me