New Staff Selection

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, I just noticed he coaches QBs not O line.  So, probably not him.

Jeff Grimes would be 54 roughly and he has coached OL before.  Baylor also is in a game this weekend.  

https://baylorbears.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jeff-grimes/1662

He served as offensive line coach and run game coordinator at LSU from 2014-17. While in Baton Rouge, Grimes had three of his players selected in the NFL Draft to go along with nine earn All-SEC honors and four be selected as All-Americans (La’el Collins, Vadal Alexander, Ethan Pocic and Will Clapp).

LSU's offensive line helped pave the way for four consecutive 1,000-yard rushers in each of Grimes’ four seasons. In 49 games as LSU's offensive line coach and run game coordinator, the Tigers had at least one running back reach the 100-yard rushing mark 34 times.

He spent one season as run game coordinator and offensive line coach at Virginia Tech in 2013 following four seasons as offensive line coach at Auburn from 2009-12 that included the program’s second National Championship in 2010.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

Unless the actual quote from the podcast says OL coach, the post says longtime successful offensive coordinator so I was referring to that part of it! If I’m wrong my bad :)

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The audio from the tweet doesn't say coached OL.  Did I miss something?

Sorry, my bad.  He doesn't say that.  Where the hell did I get that from?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Has this guy been mentioned???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bedenbaugh 

Bill Bedenbaugh is an American football coach and former player. He is the current Co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at the University of Oklahoma. He was the offensive line coach starting in 2013 and was promoted to co-OC prior to the 2017 season. Bedenbaugh is a spread offense offensive line coach from the Mike Leach coaching tree.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That does open back up Ludwig.

My gut tells me the delay is that the OC has a game this weekend.  Thus Ludwig, Grimes or Ruggerio would seem like they could both fit the bill.  I cannot find salaries for all 3 but if there is one that seems like they are ready for a bump in pay, that may be the leading candidate. Personally Grimes seems like an ideal fit given his vast experience and his OL experience which Nebraska needs a lot of.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

My gut tells me the delay is that the OC has a game this weekend.  Thus Ludwig, Grimes or Ruggerio would seem like they could both fit the bill.  I cannot find salaries for all 3 but if there is one that seems like they are ready for a bump in pay, that may be the leading candidate. Personally Grimes seems like an ideal fit given his vast experience and his OL experience which Nebraska needs a lot of.

I wouldn't have a problem with either of those three.

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'd quote the post from this thread but the multi-quote function is still busted on my phone.  @PattyGmentioned it.  

HA...see...I knew it wasn't my fault.  Never is.

17 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Has this guy been mentioned???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bedenbaugh 

Bill Bedenbaugh is an American football coach and former player. He is the current Co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at the University of Oklahoma. He was the offensive line coach starting in 2013 and was promoted to co-OC prior to the 2017 season. Bedenbaugh is a spread offense offensive line coach from the Mike Leach coaching tree.

Not to quote myself... But this guy would be the homerun hire we're looking for. I would be overjoyed to have him- Probably too good to be true. Our only chance of landing him would be that he doesn't want to leave the midwest for USC. But man, one can dream.

https://soonersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/bill-bedenbaugh/580

• Has established himself as one of the country’s top developers of offensive line talent since joining Oklahoma's staff in 2013.

• Was named one of Rivals.com’s top 25 recruiters of 2017, ’18 and ’19, and was a finalist in 2017 and a semifinalist in 2018 for the Broyles Award, given to the nation’s top assistant coach.

• With him on staff over the last eight years, OU ranks first nationally in total offense (521.1 ypg) and pass efficency rating (171.3), second in scoring offense (42.0 ppg) and passing yards per attempt (9.7), third in yards per rush (5.6) and fifth in completion percentage (66.0) and yards per completion (14.6). The Sooners are the only program in the country to rank in the top 10 in rushing offense (10th at 229.8 ypg) and passing offense (ninth at 291.3 ypg) during that span.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Not to quote myself... But this guy would be the homerun hire we're looking for. I would be overjoyed to have him- Probably too good to be true. Our only chance of landing him would be that he doesn't want to leave the midwest for USC. But man, one can dream.

https://soonersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/bill-bedenbaugh/580

• Has established himself as one of the country’s top developers of offensive line talent since joining Oklahoma's staff in 2013.

• Was named one of Rivals.com’s top 25 recruiters of 2017, ’18 and ’19, and was a finalist in 2017 and a semifinalist in 2018 for the Broyles Award, given to the nation’s top assistant coach.

• With him on staff over the last eight years, OU ranks first nationally in total offense (521.1 ypg) and pass efficency rating (171.3), second in scoring offense (42.0 ppg) and passing yards per attempt (9.7), third in yards per rush (5.6) and fifth in completion percentage (66.0) and yards per completion (14.6). The Sooners are the only program in the country to rank in the top 10 in rushing offense (10th at 229.8 ypg) and passing offense (ninth at 291.3 ypg) during that span.

Would be interesting if we got him, who would be the QB. I assume they'd have to go to the portal to get a guy who could run the offense. 

• Plus1 1