New Staff Selection

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

He went with Riley. 

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I think this is another valid name to add to the list and he seems to have an impressive background. I guess my thought is that he would either want to stay with Oklahoma given Stoops is trying to rally the troops, or he would wait for a nice payout from USC and follow Riley.  

Damn...I was looking at OU's site and they have him listed as a coach there.   They have already removed everyone else that flew with Riley that's been confirmed to be part of his new staff, so I thought he was in limbo waiting to see if he'll get an offer to go to USC or waiting to see if the next coach would want him.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Just posted his name as well, in addition to some others.  He fits the bill.  Clawson and he came to Wake Dec 2013....I am not sure about hundreds of records, but he has turned the program around.  

Haha yea I was a little skeptical on the hundreds portion but just copied what wiki had. I will say I’m sure there will be a fair share of fans who aren’t happy that Wake Forest’s two best passing seasons of all time have came in the past 4 years under Ruggiero. But seems to be they are pretty balanced play calling wise and might even lean more to runs throughout the season.

22 minutes ago, lo country said:

Bill O'Brien-PSU and Bama in college-Not a lot of "stops"

Warren Ruggeiro-A lot of stops, one P5 school

Andy Ludwig-Been around, a lot of stops, successful, B1G ties, old school.  He's "old" at 57.  Seems to meet a lot of the "hints".

Ludwig signed a 3 year 2.5 mil contract at Utah. In 2019 he was paid $820k. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

4-8.  Maybe 5-7.  New staff, lost a ton on D.....

Sorry I’m done with excuses and halfass bs. Win 8+ with next year's schedule or GTFO. I don’t care who/what they’re losing or that half the staff may be new.

He doesn’t get to act like he’s starting from 3-9. This was the year 6 or 7 wins would’ve been the minimum acceptable. It was just by freak luck and a miracle that he even got another year. 8 or more in 2022.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sorry I’m done with excuses and halfass bs. Win 8+ with next year's schedule or GTFO. I don’t care who/what they’re losing or that half the staff may be new.

He doesn’t get to act like he’s starting from 3-9. This was the year 6 or 7 wins would’ve been the minimum acceptable. It was just by freak luck and a miracle that he even got another year. 8 or more in 2022.

then we get the joy of him going 7-5 and we fire a coach that won more than he lost. I can already see it now....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree.  I am thinking he goes 4-8 or 5-7.  That's not what's acceptable.   I think they will say all kinds of excuses. I don't think he should've been kept this year.  

I see 2-4 wins next year. If I was AD I would be looking for a replacement in the OC. That is why I think courting Bill O'brien or Herman is really the only solution. If it works out with one of them at OC great if not well then we don't have to look very far. Also Frost would feel the heat and maybe not try and throw the ball inside the EFFING 6 yard line after A.Brown fair catches a punt on the effing  6 yard line. 

16 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

I see 2-4 wins next year. If I was AD I would be looking for a replacement in the OC. That is why I think courting Bill O'brien or Herman is really the only solution. If it works out with one of them at OC great if not well then we don't have to look very far. Also Frost would feel the heat and maybe not try and throw the ball inside the EFFING 6 yard line after A.Brown fair catches a punt on the effing  6 yard line. 

Let’s be real though… if A. Brown doesn’t fair catch that ball, it bounces off of the 5 yard line and straight in the air. Instead of just landing on the 1 and stopping, the ball would instead catch the tip, just for a second, just to see how it feels… bounce 15 yards back the other way, hitting an oncoming and unaware Husker. After hitting the Husker, it would magically land in the arms of the most unathletic player on the opposing team, who would run it in for a 19 yard fumbled punt recovery touchdown. The curse is freaking real. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Let’s be real though… if A. Brown doesn’t fair catch that ball, it bounces off of the 5 yard line and straight in the air. Instead of just landing on the 1 and stopping, the ball would instead catch the tip, just for a second, just to see how it feels… bounce 15 yards back the other way, hitting an oncoming and unaware Husker. After hitting the Husker, it would magically land in the arms of the most unathletic player on the opposing team, who would run it in for a 19 yard fumbled punt recovery touchdown. The curse is freaking real. 

Curse would definitely be in effect, especially considering you can’t advance a muffed punt in NCAA.

• Haha 2