New Staff Selection

23 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I did not hear that. He said there’s smoke on this one. Then he started dropping hints . 

someone who has a successful resume with several stops. Someone who is old. Someone who people wouldn’t think of, but would agree with. Is at a P5 school. 

Billy C? 

Did you listen to the whole thing?  He said at the end that he doesn’t think this one will come to fruition 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Ive gone over every offensive coordinator in all of P5 and I have no freaking clue at this point. 

At this point the top 3 most likely candidates appears to all be playing in conference championship games this weekend:

• Andy Lutwig (Utah)-Many years of experience and his offense set records at Wisconsin in 2013.  He has done well at Utah too
  • Jeff Grimes-Experience at LSU, Va Tech, BYU, Auburn and now Baylor and has strong OL background
  • Warren Ruggerio-He and Clawson have helped turn around the Wake Forest program

I would honestly be happy with any of these 3 guys.  I may prefer Grimes first because of his OL experience at the number of major programs he has been a part of, but Lutwig also is impressive given he did so well at Wisconsin.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I did not hear that. He said there’s smoke on this one. Then he started dropping hints . 

someone who has a successful resume with several stops. Someone who is old. Someone who people wouldn’t think of, but would agree with. Is at a P5 school. 

Billy C? 

Bill O'Brien-PSU and Bama in college-Not a lot of "stops"

Warren Ruggeiro-A lot of stops, one P5 school

Andy Ludwig-Been around, a lot of stops, successful, B1G ties, old school.  He's "old" at 57.  Seems to meet a lot of the "hints".

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

At this point the top 3 most likely candidates appears to all be playing in conference championship games this weekend:

• Andy Lutwig (Utah)-Many years of experience and his offense set records at Wisconsin in 2013.  He has done well at Utah too
  • Jeff Grimes-Experience at LSU, Va Tech, BYU, Auburn and now Baylor and has strong OL background
  • Warren Ruggerio-He and Clawson have helped turn around the Wake Forest program

I would honestly be happy with any of these 3 guys.  I may prefer Grimes first because of his OL experience at the number of major programs he has been a part of, but Lutwig also is impressive given he did so well at Wisconsin.  

I’ll take Lutwig and all that B10 experience. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PattyG said:

He also mentioned that he would be the oldest staffer possibly sans Ron Brown whom they believe to be our next RB coach. Also said this possible OC also coaches OL? 

Ik Davis coaches OL but doesn't seem to fit the bill of being oldest on the staff.

I'm gonna say his name again.  He fits the buckets that have been mentioned, age, P5 OC would be OC/OL coach, offense he's involved in would blend nicely with what Frost would like, his current job is a bit in limbo... Bill Bedenbaugh

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, sho said:

I'm gonna say his name again.  He fits the buckets that have been mentioned, age, P5 OC would be OC/OL coach, offense he's involved in would blend nicely with what Frost would like, his current job is a bit in limbo... Bill Bedenbaugh

Yes I think this is another valid name to add to the list and he seems to have an impressive background. I guess my thought is that he would either want to stay with Oklahoma given Stoops is trying to rally the troops, or he would wait for a nice payout from USC and follow Riley.  

4 minutes ago, sho said:

He went with Riley.