AM interview at K State

lo country

16 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s bulls#!t. Where is your proof that it “suited” him or that he had anything at all to do with that injury getting out? There’s enough things to b!^@h about Frost without making stuff up.

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebraska-football/ex-huskers-qb-adrian-martinez-details-broken-jaw-frustration-nebraska-let-injury-news-go-public/

Did you read any of this? He talks about needing to keep it secret for the team, that is coached by Frost. It then leaked after a month and supposedly that is just Gus Johnson being a detective? I mean it's pretty straightforward what is happening whether that gets your undies in a bunch or not. We lost every game that month and this was a built in excuse to take some heat off. Why wouldn't they announce it right away? Ask yourself that.

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The funny thing about this is that some of you think Frost is acting covertly. Like he leaked the injury to Gus Johnson because he wanted AM to leave but he two-faced it with Adrian, telling him he wanted him to stay. It’s just rif#&%ingdiculous. He’s the head coach, he can deal with these issues in a strait forward manner. And all indications have been that is how he conducts himself. GTFO with all this speculative drama crap.

You and I are watching two different movies.  Frost is short in pressers and doesn't give direct answers anytime he can get away with it. Not that most coaches do, it's part of the game, but holy cow man, you sound like the guy begging people to leave Britney alone. :lol:

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, runningblind said:

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebraska-football/ex-huskers-qb-adrian-martinez-details-broken-jaw-frustration-nebraska-let-injury-news-go-public/

Did you read any of this? He talks about needing to keep it secret for the team, that is coached by Frost. It then leaked after a month and supposedly that is just Gus Johnson being a detective? I mean it's pretty straightforward what is happening whether that gets your undies in a bunch or not. We lost every game that month and this was a built in excuse to take some heat off. Why wouldn't they announce it right away? Ask yourself that.

You and I are watching two different movies.  Frost is short in pressers and doesn't give direct answers anytime he can get away with it. Not that most coaches do, it's part of the game, but holy cow man, you sound like the guy begging people to leave Britney alone. :lol:

The article you just linked is some guys interpretation of what Adrian said on the Athletes Unfiltered podcast. It is an incorrect interpretation. I listened to that podcast and AM did not blame Frost or the program for that situation. Yes, he was not happy the news got out and that he wasn’t the one to release that info on his own timeline. You should probably listen to the podcast and hear what Adrian actually says about it rather than putting faith in a secondhand account of it.

You are right we are watching two different movies. Mine is the original version and yours is some cheap cut rate remake.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, runningblind said:

So....you're implying that Frost leaked it to Johnson so he could talk about it and take the heat off himself for losing games?

That's some serious conspiracy theory whacko stuff right there.

PSSST.....it didn't take the heat off and nobody that I've seen has used 2AM's jaw as an excuse for losing all those games.  Heck, it's just recently that we found out it wasn't broke in the Minnesota game.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....you're implying that Frost leaked it to Johnson so he could talk about it and take the heat off himself for losing games?

That's some serious conspiracy theory whacko stuff right there.

PSSST.....it didn't take the heat off and nobody that I've seen has used 2AM's jaw as an excuse for losing all those games.  Heck, it's just recently that we found out it wasn't broke in the Minnesota game.

And it’s a silly conspiracy theory. How does that even work? Frost blames the losses on Adrian’s broken jaw….while he is the head coach that decided to play Adrian instead of another healthy quarterback? How in the hell would that take any heat off Frost when using that as an excuse would make himself look even more inept? :lol: 

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, runningblind said:

I mean it's pretty straightforward what is happening whether that gets your undies in a bunch or not.

Yes, it is. More than 150 people involved with the team knew, and someone spilled the beans to the wrong person, either on accident or in a, "don't tell anyone" way.

Occam's Razor is your friend. Baseless conspiracies are not.

• Plus1 3

According to Jay Foreman it was the worst kept secret in Lincoln about Adrian’s broken jaw

When Adrian is entering weekly press conferences removing rubber bands out of his mouth, people are gonna start putting the puzzle pieces together. 

This whole thing is stupid to begin with. Unwanted drama that people are trying to stir up

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Adrian's explanation of what he went through playing injured with Smothers standing there ready to go does not put Frost in a good light. 

It definitely raises a few questions.  After all of that, why did Frost not have the backup ready to play, or why did he think he was not ready, or why wasn’t somebody ready, or why didn’t we have better options? Is that really a decision you leave in the hands of the injured player? At some point you should probably step in and take control of protecting him, shouldn’t you?

I guess we just blame it on Verdu, fire him (and everyone else involved in the offense except the guy who was in charge) and call it good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Adrian's explanation of what he went through playing injured with Smothers standing there ready to go does not put Frost in a good light. 

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

It definitely raises a few questions.  After all of that, why did Frost not have the backup ready to play, or why did he think he was not ready, or why wasn’t somebody ready, or why didn’t we have better options? Is that really a decision you leave in the hands of the injured player? At some point you should probably step in and take control of protecting him, shouldn’t you?

I guess we just blame it on Verdu, fire him (and everyone else involved in the offense except the guy who was in charge) and call it good.

I think he just deferred to his 4 year starter, 3 year captain on whether or not he should play. I do agree against Minnesota it probably should have been Smothers - once you're needing to significantly change the gameplan to accommodate the injury the backup has to be an option. And I know technically they altered the gameplans after the jaw injury, but it doesn't seem like they did much - as he pointed out, he ran for 3 first quarter TDs the first game back. But against Minny he really couldn't run. 

15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Near the end Adrian explains how his shoulder injury caused him to throw the pick in the Wisconsin game. Good chance we win that with Logan. Frost sounds like an absentee coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Near the end Adrian explains how his shoulder injury caused him to throw the pick in the Wisconsin game. Good chance we win that with Logan. Frost sounds like an absentee coach.

Logan wasn't making that throw either, no offense to him. Some of the blame is for Adrian IMO - he'd earned the right to tell the coaches whether or not he could still play, and he decided he could. He threw for 193 yards in the second half after the injury, it's not like he was completely incapacitated and had no business being in the game. In retrospect you don't try and make a 60 yard throw with a torn labrum, and he admitted as much. 

I think Frost should have made the call to not play him against Minnesota - they knew what he could and couldn't do all week.  For an in game injury I think you've got to trust your player until it's clear the backup is a better option, and against Wisconsin it was that one deep ball. Which he can blame on the shoulder but I don't think he was getting it over the top anyway. He would've had to put it outside the hash on about the Wisconsin 30 to get past the safety, and he threw it from our 11. Maybe if he can put it outside more it's a jump ball for Manning, but the safety was there and even with an intact labrum he wasn't getting that over the top. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Logan wasn't making that throw either, no offense to him. Some of the blame is for Adrian IMO - he'd earned the right to tell the coaches whether or not he could still play, and he decided he could. He threw for 193 yards in the second half after the injury, it's not like he was completely incapacitated and had no business being in the game. In retrospect you don't try and make a 60 yard throw with a torn labrum, and he admitted as much. 

I think Frost should have made the call to not play him against Minnesota - they knew what he could and couldn't do all week.  For an in game injury I think you've got to trust your player until it's clear the backup is a better option, and against Wisconsin it was that one deep ball. Which he can blame on the shoulder but I don't think he was getting it over the top anyway. He would've had to put it outside the hash on about the Wisconsin 30 to get past the safety, and he threw it from our 11. Maybe if he can put it outside more it's a jump ball for Manning, but the safety was there and even with an intact labrum he wasn't getting that over the top. 

You could see he was throwing lame ducks in that game. That's completely on the coaching staff. Martinez didn't earn the right to do anything....given the choice, he would play every time. Frost earned the right to be fired on the spot.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

What's alarming to me is even with AM being severely limited with his jaw wired & rubber banded together to keep it in place and having a high ankle sprain was that none of our backups were considered to be better choices play. That alone tells me where the QB room was and how much of an epic fail QB recruiting/development was subsequent to landing AM in year one of HCSF's regime.

• Plus1 1
On 2/17/2022 at 12:23 AM, Lorewarn said:

Yes, it is. More than 150 people involved with the team knew, and someone spilled the beans to the wrong person, either on accident or in a, "don't tell anyone" way.

Occam's Razor is your friend. Baseless conspiracies are not.

The more than 150 is an understatement. I heard already the week after. He missed practice for the surgery either Tuesday or Wednesday. I can’t remember the exact timeline and it wasn’t like I heard it from any type of double secret insider. Just that nobody made it a big issue at the time.