Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Here's the thing. Neither one of us ever want abortions to happen minutes before birth or post birth. (one of us recognizes they actually don't ever happen).

One of us isn’t arguing that point (this guy) and 29% of Americans would like to see that as an option.  Those people could have said the legal in most options segment but they didn’t.  

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I meant elective abortion, not rape. I guess elective rape would be… ok I’m not going to post that. 

Please don't kink shame.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I meant elective abortion, not rape. I guess elective rape would be… ok I’m not going to post that. 

Yes, I was suggesting looking at the retorts to my posts you quoted above.

You said rape twice so I had no idea what you meant

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Hopefully I didn't say rapes in any of my work emails.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

They literally are not choosing between one of those two scenarios.  I can repost the questionnaire for you that another poster originally out on here for you.  There is VERY CLEAR AND EASY to see option that says “legal in most cases”.   Again, you all are the ones bringing in strawman arguments.  

Let me know when there are 29% in a poll that specifically say they are for last minute abortions not done for legitimate medical reasons and then we can bypass your odd interpretation of what this poll actually means. Legal in no cases, most cases or all cases, none of those choices supports what you’re claiming it means.

I really really need to meet these people that are anxious to allow very late term abortions for no good reason other than just cuz. Personally I don’t think they exist….other than a handful of psychos which can be found at the far extremes of any issue. Most assuredly it is not anywhere near 29%.

Look, I don’t like abortion either. It bothers me that so many use it as birth control, after the fact, instead of any of the numerous better choices. But unfortunately there are other situations (rape, incest, health and well being of the mother, severe birth defects) that, imo, require them to be legal and safely available. I’m plenty good letting God sort out those that take it too far. A lot more comfortable than leaving it to politicians and laws that cannot possibly take into account all the situations I would find acceptable. I think it is much worse to prevent even one abortion, that both you and I would agree that is completely legitimate and needed, than to allow a few that neither of us would agree with.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

One of us isn’t arguing that point (this guy) and 29% of Americans would like to see that as an option.  Those people could have said the legal in most options segment but they didn’t.  

The rest of the world doesn't share your anal retentiveness and pedantry. You're not doing anyone including yourself any favors by assuming that everyone else interprets this in the same hyper literal way that you do. You know what happens when you assume.

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Look, I don’t like abortion either. It bothers me that so many use it as birth control, after the fact, instead of any of the numerous better choices. But unfortunately there are other situations (rape, incest, health and well being of the mother, severe birth defects) that, imo, require them to be legal and safely available. I’m plenty good letting God sort out those that take it too far. A lot more comfortable than leaving it to politicians and laws that cannot possibly take into account all the situations I would find acceptable. I think it is much worse to prevent even one abortion, that both you and I would agree that is completely legitimate and needed, than to allow a few that neither of us would agree with.

I agree with almost all of this.   

Though once a pregnant mother gets into a third trimester and has no health concerns nor does the viable baby, I have a hard time agreeing that an abortion is acceptable because the mother decided she doesn’t want to raise a child and a provider is fine with that.  

As far as the rest of your post, people had the very real option of voting for “legal in most cases” and they chose not to.   That was my gripe.  Again, full stop.  I’m it arguing what limit should be in place at the moment, just that some soulless individuals (29% in that poll) say there should be zero limits.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
11 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

You were wrong back then, you were corrected with calm reason and logic, and rather than learn from that you harbored that hurt in your heart for two years, and are now complaining about it again? 

Wow. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I have a hard time agreeing that an abortion is acceptable because the mother decided she doesn’t want to raise a child and a provider is fine with that.  

You must find it fun being worked up about stuff that literally doesn't happen.

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You were wrong back then, you were corrected with calm reason and logic, and rather than learn from that you harbored that hurt in your heart for two years, and are now complaining about it again? 

Wow. 

Wow is right. One of the cool kids uses the same term, and no one blinks. I point it out, and again get jumped. :dunno

And you're right, it did hurt, because I wasn't trying to be callous or hurtful when I pointed out true facts using statistics, but some folks would rather ignore the crux of the matter, and focus on berating the user. 

• Fire 2
31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You must find it fun being worked up about stuff that literally doesn't happen.

Ehhhh, it’s literally about 4 other people here in a hissy and bringing up strawman arguments.  

Since you continue to miss what I’m actually pointing out, which has to be on purpose at this point, I’ll ask you a few questions.  

1) do you believe abortion should be legal in all cases?  

if no, what if any restrictions should be in place? (Not what you personally want, what the country should have)

2) do you think we should follow European Countries lead on how they view abortion? 

3) if everyone in this country but me (I’m told I’m the only one out of 330 plus million people) thinks it’s ridiculous that an abortion would take place (viable healthy baby, healthy mother) sometime in the last trimester if zero restrictions were in place, then why not just say they don’t believe in those abortions since they will never happen anyways?   Why even have that option if they will never happen anyways?  Why not answer in the legal in most cases option?   

4). If these 29% of Americans disagree that a healthy mother with a healthy baby should not be able to consult with a provider willing to abort during the third trimester, then why not say so? That is my entire argument that you all keep conflating to something else because you have no good answer for that question and desperately want to avoid it.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1