TE Carter Nelson

HuskerBoard Predictor  

44 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nelson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

On 6/21/2023 at 8:24 PM, Decked said:

This is not from any inside knowledge but I think he was surely feeling the visit highs of ND/UGA. I think with Daniel in his ear today/lots of commits visiting w/him/new in-state buzz/final crack we reel this one in. 

Sometimes a handsome fella can be right! Thank god! 

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Gotta think he has a shot to earn the fifth star at the all-american bowl. The only question currently is his competition level.

Yeah that's definitely crossed my mind with Carter. The 8 man competition he's been playing in.  

One of the reasons I'm going to be very interested to see how things work/play out with this one.

I just hope when it’s all said and done this class will hold up. I’m not talking about any recruit specifically but there are always at least a couple of cracks within the commitments every year resulting in a couple decommitments. Hopefully luck is on our side, but it seems likely to happen.

23 hours ago, Decked said:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I just hope when it’s all said and done this class will hold up. I’m not talking about any recruit specifically but there are always at least a couple of cracks within the commitments every year resulting in a couple decommitments. Hopefully luck is on our side, but it seems likely to happen.

That is true, but when that happens we are usually trying to fill 8-10 spots and lose 2 or 3 guys. That puts the class in a bind and could put you at risk for a couple reaches at the end of the class.

We might have 22-23 of our 25 man class sealed up by the beginning of July. Much easier to hone in on filling our current class and continue looking for big senior year kids to offer. 

Also seems like the kids they are taking commitments from are kids that want to be here. 

19 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

That is true, but when that happens we are usually trying to fill 8-10 spots and lose 2 or 3 guys. That puts the class in a bind and could put you at risk for a couple reaches at the end of the class.

We might have 22-23 of our 25 man class sealed up by the beginning of July. Much easier to hone in on filling our current class and continue looking for big senior year kids to offer. 

Also seems like the kids they are taking commitments from are kids that want to be here. 

The only question mark in this class so far that I heard rumblings about is Willis McGahee iv.  Don't know if there is any truth to those rumblings but wouldn't be surprised if he left to play somewhere closer or even in his home state.

• Plus1 1

VERY glad to have Carter Nelson. I wonder if he is done growing?

In comparison to other NFL Tight Ends:
Gronk: 6' 6''
Kelse: 6' 5"

Carter Nelson 6' 4"
Junior Miller 6' 4"
Johnny Mitchell Jr. 6' 3"

Niles Paul 6' 1"

Also wonder if he will be able to keep his 4.5 speed as he bulks up. Niles Paul ran a 4.46 @220 lbs. Carter is currently listed at 205 lbs.

He also will have an adjustment to make coming from 8-man. His current stats come from a very open field and where he towered over secondaries. I have high hopes for his development, however!

25 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

VERY glad to have Carter Nelson. I wonder if he is done growing?

In comparison to other NFL Tight Ends:
Gronk: 6' 6''
Kelse: 6' 5"

Carter Nelson 6' 4"
Junior Miller 6' 4"
Johnny Mitchell Jr. 6' 3"

Niles Paul 6' 1"

Also wonder if he will be able to keep his 4.5 speed as he bulks up. Niles Paul ran a 4.46 @220 lbs. Carter is currently listed at 205 lbs.

He also will have an adjustment to make coming from 8-man. His current stats come from a very open field and where he towered over secondaries. I have high hopes for his development, however!

I am very excited about this commit, even though TE have not been much of a factor for us in recent years with few exceptions. I really hope Rhule and Satt will utilize the giants they have been bringing here. He’s what 17? He will definitely grow another inch or so. He can also catch in traffic which is huge. 

That said I think the most exciting commits for me personally are Kaelin and Lacey. We have had inconsistent accuracy at the QB position pretty much since I’ve been alive (I feel AM comp percentage was padded by the 30 sweep passes for like a yard we threw a game) And Lacey brings a hard nosed shifty back, something we have been lacking for a bit. Time will tell but the future of this offense appears bright. 

• Mavric changed the title to TE Carter Nelson