Northwestern: What did we learn?

3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

While I agree...not sure it is really that big of a deal.

The "big deal" today...

1.  Super lack of pass rush.  Nelson is bad and I thought that he would be super good this year.

2.  Corners were lame but that might be because the pass rush sucked.

3.  No QB run game at all

• Plus1 1

Was having a great day on vacation until the Frost called the onside kick and things went downhill. Put me in a bit of a foul mood and I never recovered through the afternoon. Finally had absolutely enough for the day and now my wife says I’m an a$$h@!e and I’ve ruined our entire vacation. Having our worst fight in years while we’re supposed to be out enjoying time away. Probably going to have to get an early flight home and might even be divorced when I get back. f#&% you and your onside kick Frost.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

Was having a great day on vacation until the Frost called the onside kick and things went downhill. Put me in a bit of a foul mood and I never recovered through the afternoon. Finally had absolutely enough for the day and now my wife says I’m an a$$h@!e and I’ve ruined our entire vacation. Having our worst fight in years while we’re supposed to be out enjoying time away. Probably going to have to get an early flight home and might even be divorced when I get back. f#&% you and your onside kick Frost.

Yeah...your wife sounds lame.  Enjoy being single again. 

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, teachercd said:

While I agree...not sure it is really that big of a deal.

The "big deal" today...

1.  Super lack of pass rush.  Nelson is bad and I thought that he would be super good this year.

2.  Corners were lame but that might be because the pass rush sucked.

3.  No QB run game at all

Nelson is not a good football player.  Constantly out of position and over pursuing.  Has a great "motor" that runs himself right out of the play.  We have a lot of guys who should never play on Big Ten teams.  Feist starting on the DL made me drop money on NW to cover. 

• Plus1 4

42 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Nelson is not a good football player.  Constantly out of position and over pursuing.  Has a great "motor" that runs himself right out of the play.  We have a lot of guys who should never play on Big Ten teams.  Feist starting on the DL made me drop money on NW to cover. 

Agree.  Last year we had better down lineman allowing Nelson to make some plays.  We're worse at every level of the defense this year, and now Nelson is keyed on given he's the leader and one of the longest tenured players.  Not good players don't get better with weaker help.

• Plus1 2