Northwestern: What did we learn?

Honestly, don't blame this loss or most others we've had for so long over the years on O-line or QB etc or Frost's bone-headed calls now and then.  We score enough points and gain enough yards to win.  It's the D giving up more points, over and over again.  IMO.  The freaking D.

I want Frost gone, too.  I do think he's part of the problem.  But gain.. that yardage we made.  The points.  That's good stuff.  But the D fails us over and over again by a point or two or three.  Another L is the result.  Again. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Can we please stop acting like Yant is a good I-back?  I know the o-line was not good today, but all Yant did was just run into their backs when he get the ball. 

He was 3 for 5 ave was 1.7....

Grant was 19 for 101 ave was 5.3 BUT 46 yards came on 1 run.....

We had a total of 134 yards rushing.  Again 1/3 was from 1 run.  That's not going to win many games IMHO.  That's an anemic run game.  

31-42 run to pass ratio.  CT had 3 runs for 1 yard....They are not going to let him run.

I think our OL looked as though they were exploding off the line in spring/fall is because how poor our DL is.  They got mauled by NW today.  Hull averaged 5.4 and Porter 4.9/carry.  224 yards total on the ground.  They had a 47-27 run to pass ratio.  

8 minutes ago, Decked said:

At least 5?

I know we had quite a few that hit the receiver in the hands.  Even though a few of those were a little behind or ahead on Thompson's part in the 2nd half they were still catchable balls. 

I'm curious to know how many qb pressures the o line had today also.

9 minutes ago, ronsss said:

Thought we had wrong defense for run,,,but they passed on us too...basically...Nebraska does not have the talent for the last 25 yrs

24/7 rips us a new A$$ in their take.....

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-cant-avoid-an-ugly-start-to-another-season-after-poor-performance-in-Dublin-192168088/?fbclid=IwAR2Y3eXNxAop3oe3kgr2Mc8cRuLOj3UsF3ZISNTE-Psz5pikV4lHVtuZ8JE

I learned that it truly doesn't matter who our coach or staff consists of, this is a perennial average team with a ceiling of 8 or 9 wins.  The glory days were the exception, this program will never be elite again.  Thanks for trying Frost, now let's find out who the next sub par coach we'll be paying in 4yrs after firing will be.

• Haha 3

S&C still sucks.  Guys were gassed in the 4Q.  Duval has 2 winning seasons in 12 as a S&C coach.

Where was the vaunted pass rush?  I don't think we put Hilinski on the ground all day.  I guess there was a reason that Nelson and Tannor couldn't sniff all B1G teams the past 4 years.  And Mathis no showed.

42 and 31 had bad, bad games.

CT played ok.  Some great plays, some plays you would like to get back.  Maybe its me, but he seems to lack arm strength and a lot of his long across the field throws tend to float.  It didn't bite him today, but something to look out for in the future.

Martin should never play again.  He alligator armed a pick vs Wisky last year and did the same thing on the 1st INT today.  If you're too scared to get the ball then get off the field.

OL needs to improve.  There didn't seem to be too many running lanes outside of the long Grant TD (and we're back to just running inside non-stop).  CT seemed to have guys on him a lot in dropbacks and was put on the ground quite a bit.  I saw that Lutovsky was in on the last 2 drives of the 4Q for Bando.

Feels good to have a more than capable punter.

• Plus1 1

Nu , wonder if they will ever again be like yrs ago....kids today don't relate nu as a power house program. Agree,,hard to bring a successful coach here, even if u do gwt one to come here, he probable will have trouble bringing talent...was hoping Scott could turn program around, does not look like it..nu cannot get the talent,,,