Who should our next HC be?

8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

The big question is when will the decision be made? It would have to be the first week of December unless said coach is in a conference championship game. 

My updated list.

1 Lane Kiffin-  He would be a home run for us. One or two losses do not change that. 

2 Dave Aranda- He fits the bill for a coach that Trev wants.

3 Bill O'Brien- He coached with Nick Saban. Many of his coaches do better after they are done with his schooling.

4 Lance Leipold- most likely staying put but would be a solid hire. 

5 Dan Mullen/Chris Petersen- could happen but both may enjoy their TV gigs.

Sleeper: Kalen Deboer- He has ties to the Midwest and may want to coach in one of the top conferences closer to home. 

Second Sleeper Gus Malzahn- I think he likes the South and stays. However, money talks and that could sway him. 

If 3 happens, ill quit Nebraska football 

If it is Mullen, Nebraska will fully shift to being a volleyball school.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

7 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

If 3 happens, ill quit Nebraska football 

If it is Mullen, Nebraska will fully shift to being a volleyball school.

Of Mullen you’re safe there. Don’t see it happening. No mutual interest. Bill O’Brien on the other hand is a real possibility. It’s said that O’Brien has a desire to return to the NFL. Maybe that’ll cause Trev to give pause to the idea.

8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

The big question is when will the decision be made? It would have to be the first week of December unless said coach is in a conference championship game. 

My updated list.

1 Lane Kiffin-  He would be a home run for us. One or two losses do not change that. 

2 Dave Aranda- He fits the bill for a coach that Trev wants.

3 Bill O'Brien- He coached with Nick Saban. Many of his coaches do better after they are done with his schooling.

4 Lance Leipold- most likely staying put but would be a solid hire. 

5 Dan Mullen/Chris Petersen- could happen but both may enjoy their TV gigs.

Sleeper: Kalen Deboer- He has ties to the Midwest and may want to coach in one of the top conferences closer to home. 

Second Sleeper Gus Malzahn- I think he likes the South and stays. However, money talks and that could sway him. 

I think the decision will have to be made privately prior to the Iowa game and announced shortly after. It’s vital for the new regime to be in place to keep current players on the roster-attack the portal and finalize recruiting. 

As for your list of coaches I like a few of them for sure. I have a few I would add too, but who even knows who Trev even is speaking with lol. 

20 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

When does Nebraska want a permanent coach in place? At the end of the season or sometime in November? A name that is very intriguing to me still is Kalen Deboer. He is 85-11 as a coach and has never ever had a losing season as a coach. His record as a coach is impressive to me and the Washington Huskies are 6-2 right now.

But why would he leave Washington after one season? 

22 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

When does Nebraska want a permanent coach in place? At the end of the season or sometime in November? A name that is very intriguing to me still is Kalen Deboer. He is 85-11 as a coach and has never ever had a losing season as a coach. His record as a coach is impressive to me and the Washington Huskies are 6-2 right now.

Sometime very soon after the conclusion of the season.

DeBoer would be a fantastic hire. He’s unlikely to leave Washington having not been there a year. It would be surprising if he did after one season. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But why would he leave Washington after one season? 

Great question. Im not saying he is even a candidate but you have seen crazier things happen. He did leave Fresno State after just one season.  Im just saying I appreciate that he is 85-11 as a coach that's all nothing else. I don't have a clue who Nebraska wants as their new coach it's been all over the place with the board.

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Why the hate on BOB?  Not just from you but others. He has a good resume and connections. 

Maybe I’ve been a bit too reluctant. I think it’s his personality mostly. He doesn’t come across as someone that relates well with players or would be a great culture fit here. Sort of a not bad impression. We could do better or worse. 

O’Brien does have a lot of experience and likely has many connections. A positive with someone like him that isn’t a current HC increases the likelihood of Mickey being retained as opposed to someone who already has assistants he would want to keep. 

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Great question. Im not saying he is even a candidate but you have seen crazier things happen. He did leave Fresno State after one season.  Im just saying I appreciate that he is 85-11 as a coach that's all nothing else. I don't have a clue who Nebraska wants as their new coach it's been all over the place with the board.

Sorry he left after 2 seasons not one. 

This next hire will make or break the fan base.  Shaping up to be a lot of potentially divisive hires with all the different names and thoughts on perspective guys.  Each week as losses mount, guys who a month ago were the flavor of the week are chopped liver.  Frost was the chosen one and turned out to be one of the worst coaches I have seen in my lifetime.  It's a crap shoot for sure.  I wonder if Trev is looking for a longterm solution or a guy who can get us average quickly and go from there.

• Plus1 1