Who should our next HC be?

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

Isn't that the truth! It is kind of baffling to me that among all of us, we don't collectively seem to have a favorite choice. Seems pretty evenly spread across the board. Having followed a few coaching searches in the past (for Nebraska and some other teams), I don't recall this being the norm, at least not to this extent. Granted, I don't think I've ever followed one as long as this, so maybe it's just a product of time? Props to us, I guess, for not falling victim to too much group think (as these things normally go).

22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But as the old commercial say  "Only his hairdresser knows'.     

Amazing how speculative this all is.  Fans:  In the turbulent sea of speculation.   Trev: Calm, Cool working his plan in secret  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

It is kind of baffling to me that among all of us, we don't collectively seem to have a favorite choice. Seems pretty evenly spread across the board. Having followed a few coaching searches in the past (for Nebraska and some other teams), I don't recall this being the norm, at least not to this extent. 

For Nebraska, in recent memory, Bo was a near unanimous #1 amongst the fanbase and was the person Tom sought out. Then when he was fired, there was no clear favorite choice outside of the brief 'JIM TRESSEL WAS IN LINCOLN' hilarity where we all got suckered into a groupthink spiral of delusion. Then Frost was obviously the only candidate last time around.

There is no one single person who makes sense the way that Bo and Frost did this time, and in addition to that a lot of the fanbase is suffering from PTSD and are now too scared to think we can take a risk on anything other than a proven guaranteed choice, which doesn't actually exist, so they have to convince themselves that X is actually safe and dependable and guaranteed.

• Plus1 3
21 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wasn't. I came to visit my daughter at WVU and flew in/out of Columbus.

Thought you were implying that the guys in front of you were out-of-state, hence the outsider's view of Nebraska's situation. 

Never been to Columbus, but my oldest friend is from there and it's her birthday today. So I officially retract any Columbus snark. 

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Thought you were implying that the guys in front of you were out-of-state, hence the outsider's view of Nebraska's situation. 

Never been to Columbus, but my oldest friend is from there and it's her birthday today. So I officially retract any Columbus snark. 

I have no idea where they were from, but we were in the Columbus airport. 

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

There is no one single person who makes sense the way that Bo and Frost did this time, and in addition to that a lot of the fanbase is suffering from PTSD and are now too scared to think we can take a risk on anything other than a proven guaranteed choice, which doesn't actually exist, so they have to convince themselves that X is actually safe and dependable and guaranteed.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c7d883e706dfb825f6

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

But as the old commercial say  "Only his hairdresser knows'.     

Amazing how speculative this all is.  Fans:  In the turbulent sea of speculation.   Trev: Calm, Cool working his plan in secret  

You know who else was cool calm and  working in secret. Shawn f#&%ing Eichorst...

• Haha 3