Who should our next HC be?

8 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I just watched the 60 minutes with Deion and I’ll say this about him.. 

1. He’s a WINNER through and through. Everything about him is hardwired and conditioned for success. No way would you find him drunk at g25 after a game. 
2. If he can get 5 star recruits to freaking Jackson St.. he can get them to come to Nebraska. 
3. He’d be a shock hire for sure…but if we ever have a hope of getting back to the top.. we need a shock. 

What's amazing to me is that interview has now been on YouTube for a few days and it has 18K likes and ZERO dislikes. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Even more amazing is reading the comments. I didn't read all 2,200 but looking at the first several pages and all are GLOWING endorsements for how great Deion is. I know I've never seen that before. Hard to believe (and a little disturbing/disheartening) there are so many people around here who are so strongly opposed to him.

Here's a link for those who might have missed it...or who have been too close-minded to watch it...

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I disagree. I invite anyone to watch that 60 minutes and not salivate at the thought of him at the helm. I don’t believe you can compare him to frost.. his every action is a testament to his conviction to winning. The same clearly can’t be said about Frost.

Did you watch the 1:30 Overtime part of the interview? It gets even better. Here's that link too...

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

See, that's the attitude most fans have. Expectations have fallen so low that people are ok with being mediocre. F that.

Well, we all still dream of the used to be.  But, yes a few 7 win seasons strung together would be nice.  Settle for it?  No, most of us are still dreamers.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, lo country said:

Mike Zimmerman formerly with Dallas and the Vikings is working with him also.

Here's a few articles that talk about his coaching style...

https://www.news-press.com/story/sports/2020/09/21/new-jackson-state-coach-deion-sanders-has-hands-approach-coaching/5853777002/

https://247sports.com/Article/Deion-Sanders-fires-back-at-critique-of-coaching-style-reveals-Nick-Saban-influence-192290955/

https://hbcusports.com/2022/10/16/deion-sanders-explains-winning-philosophy-football-impact-and-the-what-if-on-60-minutes/

This quote speaks volumes....

I’m not pretending, I am who I am. I don’t have to placate that, I don’t have to trick or treat when it’s not October. I’m just simply who I am and have shown consistency throughout the years. You’re not just recruiting that young man, or young woman, to your program, you’re recruiting their parents as well, the community leaders. To be able to connect with them through social media so that they get a glimpse of what you’re really trying to accomplish, I think that’s where we are winning at. We don’t have the resources to compete with the dormitories and things that big universities feature on campus, but if a mother sees that if she sends me a boy, I’m going to try my darnedest to send her back a man that has discipline and has been prepared for life with character.

ZIMMER his name is Mike Zimmer 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, lo country said:

Other than his lack of FBS coaching experience, I think the guy checks every block that you'd look for in a coach.  But that's just me.

Reality is no coach will check every block. Prioritize what we need and search accordingly.  If it's Jimmy and Joes, Prime would be a strong get for sure. 

This really can't be emphasized enough. It's not just you, I think anyone who's being objective at all would have to acknowledge that, other than FBS experience, Deion checks all the blocks. And he adds one that none of the other candidates have...instant brand exposure and lift, which we are badly in need of today.

I know on the surface a lot of people didn't think he was a "cultural fit" but, the more I see of him, I think he's a much better "cultural fit" than most thought. Old school, no-nonsense, discipline, off the field first, builder of young men, cuts his own grass, likes to hunt and fish, man of great faith, obsessive work ethic, attention to detail, and on, and on, and on. Hell, he might be the perfect "cultural fit."

The more I see from him, I might just be talking myself into him being my first choice.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Agree he does sound perfect culturally.  He seems kind of opposite of Neon Deon showman.   That’s exactly what NU needs.  Do we know his X & O skills?   I know Husker fans want a brilliant ‘football’ mind that can attract and KEEP players of similar character.  

Hard working 3-4 star level guys.  The 5 star guys can be fine but seem often to be a little flaky and full of themselves.  

GBR!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, El Straino said:

Man, the Sock Puppet and Frost threads were so vastly superior to this one. Anyone spot Jim Tressel at a gas station lately? Is Neon Deion at the Warhorse? 

Does this count??? :lol:

14 hours ago, admo said:

BREAKING NEWS

Just heard.... per local Dallas sport radio, former Cowboy Deion Sanders has accepted the Nebraska Head Coaching job.  Taking over end of season.

Don't hate the messenger.  News reported by insider.  No further details at the moment.

I am skeptical as everyone, but....