Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, husker009 said:

If he's hired, this program is doomed to nothing but mediocrity going forward. 

I don't want Campbell coming here, either, but we're lower than mediocre as it is now, and we've been below mediocre for years on end.  Mediocre would be what, 7 wins per season?  8?  And a toilet bowl game at the end of each season.  Heck yeah. 

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Do not annoit to soon, as they have not played anyone this year and lost to a bad Indiana team.

After 5 years of losing, I'd take his less than "stellar" record tbh.  Again, this is the issue with any HC we have mentioned.  They all have issues if it's not "your guy" (not aimed at you.  ie I like Chadwell, BUT he's a G5 guy, gimmicky O, he's not Deion :Detc....

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, Hagg said:

I don't want Campbell coming here, either, but we're lower than mediocre as it is now, and we've been below mediocre for years on end.  Mediocre would be what, 7 wins per season?  8?  And a toilet bowl game at the end of each season.  Heck yeah. 

I am not settling for average, but damn average looks great right about now!  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Hagg said:

See, that's the attitude most fans have. Expectations have fallen so low that people are ok with being mediocre. F that.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

6 hours ago, runningblind said:

Speculation is fun, but I get the feeling that about 90% of those mentioned are not candidates and/or not interested at all. I wouldn't even be surprised if the person hired was never even mentioned in here.

Or rarely has been mentioned. 

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, lo country said:

After 5 years of losing, I'd take his less than "stellar" record tbh.  Again, this is the issue with any HC we have mentioned.  They all have issues if it's not "your guy" (not aimed at you.  ie I like Chadwell, BUT he's a G5 guy, gimmicky O, he's not Deion :Detc....

I hear ya, but I think Mickey wants to be here and he has done a lot with less.  He is a recruiter and I'm hearing the players really like him.  I think given a chance to bring in his staff & recruit, he could be good.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I hear ya, but I think Mickey wants to be here and he has done a lot with less.  He is a recruiter and I'm hearing the players really like him.  I think given a chance to bring in his staff & recruit, he could be good.

I would have no issues at all if Mickey was named HC.  I think he has done a great job in the craptastic mess he was thrown into.  Interim HC, interim DC, not his staff, not his recruits (not all), new conference etc...I think he can recruit and appears to be a good CEO who makes hard decisions.  With the purse Trev has promised, I think he could assemble an incredible staff. 

• Plus1 1