Who should our next HC be?

I just watched the 60 minutes with Deion and I’ll say this about him.. 

1. He’s a WINNER through and through. Everything about him is hardwired and conditioned for success. No way would you find him drunk at g25 after a game. 
2. If he can get 5 star recruits to freaking Jackson St.. he can get them to come to Nebraska. 
3. He’d be a shock hire for sure…but if we ever have a hope of getting back to the top.. we need a shock. 

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Cornfed said:

1. He’s a WINNER through and through. Everything about him is hardwired and conditioned for success. No way would you find him drunk at g25 after a game. 
2. If he can get 5 star recruits to freaking Jackson St.. he can get them to come to Nebraska. 
3. He’d be a shock hire for sure…but if we ever have a hope to getting back to the top.. we need a shock. 

Other than his lack of FBS coaching experience, I think the guy checks every block that you'd look for in a coach.  But that's just me.  Is he a risk?  Sure.  Was Frost a sure thing?  By all accounts yes.  Did the regents ask who Dabo was when the AD announced the hire?  Yes.  Do they know his name now?  Yep.  It's all a crap shoot.  You analyze to the best of your ability.  But in some arenas, paralysis by over analysis is real and costly.  Big changes are often predicated by big moves.  

Reality is no coach will check every block. Prioritize what we need and search accordingly.  If it's Jimmy and Joes, Prime would be a strong get for sure. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

3. He’d be a shock hire for sure…but if we ever have a hope of getting back to the top.. we need a shock. 

Deion would be Jimbo Fisher 2.0. Great recruiter, but can’t coach at all.

20 minutes ago, lo country said:

Other than his lack of FBS coaching experience, I think the guy checks every block that you'd look for in a coach.  But that's just me.  Is he a risk?  Sure.  Was Frost a sure thing?  By all accounts yes.  Did the regents ask who Dabo was when the AD announced the hire?  Yes.  Do they know his name now?  Yep.  It's all a crap shoot.  You analyze to the best of your ability.  But in some arenas, paralysis by over analysis is real and costly.  Big changes are often predicated by big moves.  

Reality is no coach will check every block. Prioritize what we need and search accordingly.  If it's Jimmy and Joes, Prime would be a strong get for sure. 

And it would continue the trend of hiring someone completely opposite of their predecessor. 

28 minutes ago, husker009 said:

I disagree. I invite anyone to watch that 60 minutes and not salivate at the thought of him at the helm. I don’t believe you can compare him to frost.. his every action is a testament to his conviction to winning. The same clearly can’t be said about Frost.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1

15 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

Joesph is 2-2 and you probably want to keep him as HC. You are delusional stuck in the 90s.

I have been vocal about not wanting Mickey. I will say that if Campbell is the top target, then NU might as well hire Mickey. Both would be mediocre. Trev needs to be fired in this scenario since he would be accepting mediocrity.

• Plus1 1

the university threw away 7 million to fire frost 3 weeks early....

they have the money to get anyone. the fans should not accept a mid tier coach...

i don't think leipold, arnada, or campbell are guys we should be looking at if we are serious about being a contender...

most would agree nebraska is still the best job available right now, and we've had more time than anyone to interview coaches... we should get the best coach available.

auburn and a&m seem to be the only other 2 jobs that might come available that might be considered better than nebraska.

and with a 3 month head start we should be able to beat out those schools for a coach. the expectations  are also much lower at nebraska than at auburn or a&m right now. 

3 hours ago, husker009 said:

Your joking right??? Jimbo Fisher if my memory serves me right coached and won a national title. Just bc he isnt doing so hot in Texas A&M doesn't mean he can't coach. Now on to Deion, you say he can't coach but when your 20-5 you can coach. You might want to say you wish he coached at a FBS school. 20-5 in his coaching career tells me he is doing something right. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1