Who should our next HC be?

21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:yeah:backtotopic

We've come up with plenty of reasons why most everyone we've discussed on here won't come to Nebraska. - Recruiting, they got it too good to leave where they are at, money, unrealistic, etc.

So what if that is the case, maybe Trev ends up with a G5 guy.  Therefore, another guy I'm still thinking about is Caldwell. Yes I know - not a P5 guy but he has a system and he seems to know how to work it.  It would be different than the normal Big 10 pro-style set.  Its benefit would be to recruit to the system and develop players for that system versus trying to find all of the 4 & 5 star guys and try to compete wt OSU, MI, USC for their services.  THIS WAS THE OLD NEBRASKA WAY BEFORE WE FELL INTO THE TRAP THAT WE HAD TO BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. 

Here is a study on their offense wt a video link.  Sitting at 6-1 their only loss thus far is to Old Dominion - a surprising blow out to a 3-3 team.  

https://prostylespreadoffense.com/run-pass-option-offense-keys-coastal-carolina-study/

Jammy Chadwell makes under $1m ($922k) at CC.  If he were to to bring his OC, Korn, with him, that would make for a good transition.  

With a healthy salary boast, there would be money in the budget so  Chadwell could go out and hire the best DC and assistant coaches he could find (hopefully that would include MJ but not dependent on MJ for a new coach to be successful here).  

His offense would be fun to watch and I think we could get the players to Nebraska to run it. 

I think Georgia Tech should be hot and heavy after him. He would be a great fit there.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, admo said:

If Mickey does become HC, bon voyage current talent.  And recruits.

This whole thing could get fugly.

From everything I have heard, the current guys would want to stick around for Mickey.  Do you mean "doesn't become HC"?

Either way, other than a few skill players on offense, I am not seeing an abundance of talent that isn't replaceable through transfers and a recruiting cycle or two.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

From everything I have heard, the current guys would want to stick around for Mickey.  Do you mean "doesn't become HC"?

Either way, other than a few skill players on offense, I am not seeing an abundance of talent that isn't replaceable through transfers and a recruiting cycle or two.

Yes I meant "doesn't" so I edited that part.  LOL My bad

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As much as I wish otherwise, be prepared to be disappointed with the hire. Those guys just go against the culture and it's really as simple as that. 

I disagree and think this is a disingenuous narrative. The primary reason right now is because of his overall lack of coaching experience. You may think that doesn’t matter that much, but there’s a reason places like Nebraska don’t typically hire a FCS head coach with less than 3 years of coaching experience.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Where are you seeing any of this from anyone who's not just speculating?

???

Speculation is all we have.

If you want to compare speculation, you can Google just as easily as I can.

Deion and Urban were both linked to Nebraska when Nebraska was the first team to fire its coach, along with every other possible candidate. Not so much now.

If you've found compelling speculation they're both in play, I will happily read your link.  

• Plus1 3

35 minutes ago, admo said:

It's there.  Just not at certain positions, or too young to get on the field. 

Keep the good talent and replace the players that currently stink up the field.  

I still don't think you make the decision on the next head coach based on who that coach will be able to retain of the current roster.  The reasoning for hiring a head coach is to build a long-term program, not just the next 1 or 2 years.  Yes, I can understand the argument of "why a guy like Mickey can't do both" but just because a coach outside the current program is hired, doesn't mean he's going to lose everyone on the roster.  Also, we may disagree on the existing talent level in the program, because I don't think there is a player on the roster who isn't replaceable.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
49 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:yeah:backtotopic

We've come up with plenty of reasons why most everyone we've discussed on here won't come to Nebraska. - Recruiting, they got it too good to leave where they are at, money, unrealistic, etc.

So what if that is the case, maybe Trev ends up with a G5 guy.  Therefore, another guy I'm still thinking about is Caldwell. Yes I know - not a P5 guy but he has a system and he seems to know how to work it.  It would be different than the normal Big 10 pro-style set.  Its benefit would be to recruit to the system and develop players for that system versus trying to find all of the 4 & 5 star guys and try to compete wt OSU, MI, USC for their services.  THIS WAS THE OLD NEBRASKA WAY BEFORE WE FELL INTO THE TRAP THAT WE HAD TO BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. 

Here is a study on their offense wt a video link.  Sitting at 6-1 their only loss thus far is to Old Dominion - a surprising blow out to a 3-3 team.  

https://prostylespreadoffense.com/run-pass-option-offense-keys-coastal-carolina-study/

Jammy Chadwell makes under $1m ($922k) at CC.  If he were to to bring his OC, Korn, with him, that would make for a good transition.  

With a healthy salary boast, there would be money in the budget so  Chadwell could go out and hire the best DC and assistant coaches he could find (hopefully that would include MJ but not dependent on MJ for a new coach to be successful here).  

His offense would be fun to watch and I think we could get the players to Nebraska to run it. 

Huge Chadwell fan here.  If not HC, then OC for sure. If anyone has watched his offense for more than a quick clip, it's not gimmicky.  It would work in the B1G.  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

I think Georgia Tech should be hot and heavy after him. He would be a great fit there.

Yes  I agree.  But I think he could do well here as well.  What GT has got - we got better:snacks:  Ok maybe not the recruiting base but in NIL to offset it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1