*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

5 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Our OL, defense, and special teams are horrid…we have three or four players that are bright spots. The rest is a living nightmare. It is hard for me to imagine this team winning another game this season?

Here's a quick exercise that i found fun:

close your eyes and give an honest ranking to our current suck level.

Now go check the Northwestern and Indiana scores.

Way off, right?  We suck worse than we could ever imagine.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Yes we need a national presence. Tired of recruiting the best Neb, Iowa, and North Dakota have to offer. USC is going to put 80+ on us.

Yep.  Forget the 500 mile BS.  We are losing that.  Go coast to coast.  Get guys to want to come here. If the best guy is from NE, grab him.  Same for a guy from Iowa.  I do like like MJ's philosophy on recruiting.  Offer 300 kids, you won;t get one.  Narrow your list.

Urbs talking about NU going back to running the ball and owning the LOS on both sides. Develop the guys you get.  Yes please.  

OU alum and fan here. Let me start by saying I respect you guys and root for you. Can’t say that about any other rival we have had. You have a great fan base. I think some of you are a little unrealistic about the state of your program. You aren’t getting Urban Meyer. He is an opportunist and isn’t going to a losing program to do a major rebuild. And I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Meyer is a snake. Honestly, I think your best bet is to try to do what OU did with the Bob Stoops hire. Look for a promising young assistant. Stop hiring legacies. Frost reminds me of John Blake at OU, although maybe a little less dumb than Blake. You need a culture change. The problem is, that’s not a guarantee of success. Young assistants don’t always pan out. You kinda need to get lucky. But you aren’t getting a top tier coaching candidate at this point. They are going to go somewhere with a better path to success.

I really hope you guys get it turned around.

• Thanks 2