*** Official Rutgers Game Thread ***

Mavric

Maybe MJ used the great quote that assistant coach Wally RIg said at halftime against Texas State in the cinematic classic Necessary Roughness 

"Now let's analyze on what's been working for us.......NOT A SINGLE GODDAMN THING IS WORKING!!!!!!  blah blah blah Ed Genero blah blah NOW YOU GO OUT THERE, YOU TEAR THEIR f#&%ING HEADS OFF AND s#!t DOWN THEIR NECKS!!!!  Let us pray.

Classic

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Even if NU somehow pulls this out of our a$$, I hope people can see that this is going to require a new regime up and down the coaching staff. Only a new staff will be able to make the necessary changes in standards and roster. 

Yeah. This band aid needs to be ripped off. I don’t give a s#!t who transfers. I think it’s a tear down. The foundation is rotten. Can’t build on it. Portal makes rebuild easier and faster but we need a change of culture for sure. 
Main problem I see is who the f#&% can we get to turn this around. I just don’t see the messiah out there that’s coming to change this. Meyer is the only one and he is not coming. I think we are stuck with a slowish rebuild with a relative unknown coach. It’s the best we can hope for. 
Was really hoping to see some evidence of momentum after last weeks win but clearly the stench of Frost is far too strong

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hagg said:

Guy at our watch party said:  "I get the feeling Trev Alberts is breathing a sigh of relief as he watches MJ et al fail.  I would not doubt if he wants to start fresh."  I hope he's wrong about that.

Well maybe I don't.  I don't know.  Everything is still very unsettled at Nebraska Football.

NU badly needs a fresh start. That’s not a knock against Mickey as he just came into this s#!thole of a program. This needs a new voice at the top, with new assistants and changes in expectations for the players. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Hagg said:

Guy at our watch party said:  "I get the feeling Trev Alberts is breathing a sigh of relief as he watches MJ and the team fail.  I would not doubt if he wants to start fresh."  I hope he's wrong about that.

Well maybe I don't.  I don't know.  Everything is still very unsettled at Nebraska Football.

The best case scenario, albeit highly unlikely, would have been for Mickey to step in and somehow turn things around quickly. Compete for the West, make a bowl, and I think Trev would've announced pretty quickly that Mickey is the guy. 

Probably not gonna happen.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Jeremy said:

The best case scenario, albeit highly unlikely, would have been for Mickey to step in and somehow turn things around quickly. Compete for the West, make a bowl, and I think Trev would've announced pretty quickly that Mickey is the guy. 

Probably not gonna happen.

That’s the best case scenario in the short-term. I don’t think it would have been the best case scenario in the long-term. 

1 minute ago, 3gunhusker said:

Keep hearing players suck.  Also keep hearing MJ is an Uber recruiter.  Both can’t be true…think about it.

Mickey barely recruited any of these kids. Pretty sure he brought Palmer, arguable the most athletic kid on the roster, with him from LSU. Not on him.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

That’s the best case scenario in the short-term. I don’t think it would have been the best case scenario in the long-term. 

I can't argue with that. Given that Mickey's never been a head coach, there's no way to know how things would go long-term.

• Plus1 1