Minnesota Week Pressers

Mavric

I thought CT might have had a concussion, the way his head hit the turf on that play.  Could be a protocol thing keeping silent?  With the addition of getting his hand hit as he threw.  

Immediately I rewatched the play several times after the hit.  He looked like he didn't know what just happened but was hurt.  It's Just a thought.  I haven't watched it again since game day.  So I might be way off with this guess.  But I'd like to see it again tho...

So CT is day to day.  I bet that if he feel 95-100%  by kickoff, that if he doesn't practice this week he won't play.  

I hope they get Smothers ready to roll as QB1, and they just play a good ol' fashion ground game.  Don't take too many chances, punt for field position, and maybe let Purdy have a drive or two to mix it up.  Chew up clock, keep the defense rested.  Minnesota is winnable if you play some defense and don't turn the ball over.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, admo said:

So CT is day to day.  I bet that if he feel 95-100%  by kickoff, that if he doesn't practice this week he won't play.  

I hope they get Smothers ready to roll as QB1, and they just play a good ol' fashion ground game.  Don't take too many chances, punt for field position, and maybe let Purdy have a drive or two to mix it up.  Chew up clock, keep the defense rested.  Minnesota is winnable if you play some defense and don't turn the ball over.  

Minnesota is going to ground and pound NU.  Churn the clock for 40 minutes, and win 24-7.  NU is not a good team.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Minnesota is going to ground and pound NU.  Churn the clock for 40 minutes, and win 24-7.  NU is not a good team.

Oh I agree with you.  Except they prolly score 38 on us "as is".

I just think to beat them at their own game, it will come down to running the play clock down on every play, stacking a few first downs, punting the ball to them to pin them around the 10 yard line, playing enough defense to force them to punt, having short field/better field position, repeating the steps, and eventually who knows.....  

7 hours ago, admo said:

I thought CT might have had a concussion, the way his head hit the turf on that play.  Could be a protocol thing keeping silent?  With the addition of getting his hand hit as he threw.  

Immediately I rewatched the play several times after the hit.  He looked like he didn't know what just happened but was hurt.  It's Just a thought.  I haven't watched it again since game day.  So I might be way off with this guess.  But I'd like to see it again tho...

When an appendage goes numb instantly it's pretty confusing. I got a stinger during pregame warmups in highschool where my arm from the shoulder down went numb, but the sensation felt like my arm was doing the opposite of what my brain told it to do. I was freaked the f#&% out for a minute until it went away.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, admo said:

Get the run game going with some PA passing.  Use 22 personnel as an extra blocker and give a 2 back look (Chance and Vok).  Use Palmer early and often and go deep.  I'd like to see us stuff the run like other teams do.  Put 8 in the box.  DB's on an Island playing the hell out of some press coverage.

To add don't go long on every 1st down, run on 3rd and 15 or have empty back fields where Minnie knows its a pass. ie Whip try not to telegraph our plays.