Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Listen... I'm probably one of his harshest critics, but it's just a game. And I'll take whatever mishaps took place on the field if it means something like this happens. Congratulations and good luck Mr. Sims!

This.  We get so wrapped around the axle on here that we forget about real priorities. This makes me very happy, first gen college grad is wonderful. I am rooting for this young man to have a wonderful life.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Listen... I'm probably one of his harshest critics, but it's just a game, and I'll take whatever mishaps took place on the field if it means something like this happens. Congratulations and good luck Mr. Sims!

There’s not anyone in here who doesn’t disagree. Congrats to Jeff Sims. 

• 3 weeks later...

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

GC4cysdaMAAoJ3-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

It's an interesting way to analyze running games, but USC's presence as an outlier tells me he should just leave it at contact and not make the leap to scheme/OL.  USC is an Air Raid offense that seemingly only runs counter gt outside of short yardage and they finished 90+ in rushing.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, floridacorn said:

It's an interesting way to analyze running games, but USC's presence as an outlier tells me he should just leave it at contact and not make the leap to scheme/OL.  USC is an Air Raid offense that seemingly only runs counter gt outside of short yardage and they finished 90+ in rushing.  

Yeah, it's definitely not a direct correlation like the tweet implies. Yards before and after contact can be interesting to see and useful when evaluating offenses but are definitely limited, particularly not accounting for defenses played against. Even the claim of "Better scheme/OL" - those are two very different things. Air Force does not have a good OL, but running a well practiced option attack against poor defense will get you some big untouched runs.

I think you can use this to draw conclusions about individual teams, but comparing any teams on this graph is not super useful or accurate.